The Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Accounting Programme combines the best of both professional and academic training in the study of accounting. It has been accredited by several leading international professional accounting associations. Graduates who have completed the required degree courses can obtain the maximum exemptions of papers from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) of Australia, and the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)*. The professional accreditations reinforce the high quality and international perspectives integrated within the degree programme and provides our graduates a head start on professional qualifications which can enhance their employability and competitiveness in the job market.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
- Acquire discipline knowledge in financial accounting, management accounting, auditing and tax and be well-prepared for obtaining professional accounting qualifications.
- Obtain multidisciplinary business knowledge and skills from general education and develop a capacity to understand business issues and develop business solutions from multiple perspectives.
- Analyse, synthesise, interpret, and critically assess financial statements and non-financial information for better decision support and decision-making.
- Be equipped with IT knowledge and skills and use them for accounting, auditing and tax-related data analytics.
- Develop a sound awareness of accounting, auditing and taxation practices and be able to apply their discipline knowledge and international financial reporting standards to practices.
- Develop communication skills of different sorts (such as verbal and written, computer-mediated, personal or inter-personal and effectively communicate accounting, auditing and tax information to different users.
- Acquire critical thinking and analytical skills that support accounting, auditing and tax estimation, accounting choice, professional skepticism, risk assessment, and assurance of accounting information.
- Acquire knowledge of business and professional ethics, corporate governance, and social responsibilities and be able to develop solutions to ethical, corporate governance and social responsibility issues.
Please Click Here for more details of International Accreditation
- To provide students with an excellent learning experience by informing them of the current developments in research and practice.
- To provide well qualified and highly employable graduates with the key skills of operation in the business world.
- To meet the accreditation requirements of the main professional accounting bodies including ACCA, CIMA, CPAA and HKICPA and enable students to gain maximum exam exemptions from these professional bodies and to acquire other professional qualifications such as those of CICPA and CFA.
- To ensure relevance by maintaining and enhancing links with business, professional and public sector organizations.
- To provide students with the fundamental skills for lifelong learning and development.
This is a four-year full time degree programme using English as a medium of instruction. The programme’s vigorous curriculum encompasses accounting theory
and practice. Year 3 students may choose to take internship elective course which provides opportunities for them to practice accounting knowledge and business management skills in an accounting-related working environment.
For the most updated programme and curriculum details, please visit the following website: