Business analytics is an essential element of companies in making business decisions. It provides companies with visual reports through data analysis to assist them in making data-driven decisions. Therefore, qualified and experienced business analysts are in high demand in local and global job markets. Our programme aims to train students to use appropriate analytical and technological tools to gather data, derive intelligence, and enable organizations to gain insights into complex business issues. The programme is particularly suitable for industry practitioners and recent graduates specializing in business, computing, economics, information systems, mathematics, science, or statistics.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
- PILO-1: Explain and appreciate existing and emerging business data and data analytical tools.
- PILO-2: Identify challenges and opportunities in the business world created by existing and emerging business data and data analytical tools.
- PILO-3: Demonstrate proficiency in the application of state-of-the-art data analytical tools to address specific business analytical issues.
- PILO-4: Demonstrate knowledge of quantitative analysis techniques for managerial decision making.
- PILO-5: Integrate skills and knowledge of business analytics to identify business and management problems, formulate options, develop solutions, and communicate with stakeholders.
- PILO-6: Adhere to legal, ethical, and professional codes in conducting business data analysis.
Graduates of the programme will be able to devise, refine, and apply analytics techniques competently to extract value from data and help organizations to resolve problems in a practical setting. With the problem-solving and communication ability developed through the programme, students will gain analytical and organizational competencies as sought-after business analysts in various business sectors.
Programme Duration and Medium of Instruction
The normative study period of the programme is 2 years. The medium of instruction is English. Classes will mainly be held on weekday evenings and on weekends.
Admission will be in accordance with the Admission Regulations Governing Master’s Degree and Postgraduate Certificates/Diploma Programmes of the University. Applicants are required to provide a testimonial of English as the medium of instruction issued by their undergraduate university or TOEFL, IELTS or CET6 scores as a proof of English proficiency.
The students should fulfill one of the following criteria: (1) a bachelor’s degree in business or (2) a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or other STEM-related major or (3) at least two years of working experience in business firms for non-business and non-STEM related degree holders.
For more details about admission requirements, please refer to GRS webpage:
Students should complete six compulsory courses, four required elective courses and a project report with successful oral presentation to fulfill the graduation requirements. Students are required to complete 36 credits and achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or above for graduation.
The society has always had high demand for business analytics professionals, and many organizations and sectors operate, transform and formulate strategies based on analytical results and insights into market changes. Hence, business analytics can be a key component of any modern organization, and the graduates of this programme will have a wide range of career prospects and attractive salaries. A few signature career paths of business analysts are:
- Data business analyst
- Analytical consultant
- Quantitative analyst