Prof. Robin Chi Hang CHARK
Interim Head of Department of Integrated Resort and Tourism Management
Assistant Professor in Integrated Resort and Tourism Management
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau, E22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
- Ph.D. in Marketing, HKUST
- MSc in Economics, HKUST
- BBA in Finance, HKUST
- Undergraduate Courses
- Introduction to Gaming Management (GAHM200)
- Psychology of Gambling (GAHM202)
- Graduate Courses
- Cross Cultural Gambling Psychology (HAGM736)
- Behavioral and Experimental Economics
- Chark, R., Lam, L. W., & Fong, L. H. N. (2020). Morning larks travel more than night owls? Chronotypical effect on travel frequency through novelty seeking. Tourism Management, 77, 104035. (ABS4)
- Chark, R., Mak, V., & Muthukrishnan, A. V. (2019). The premium as informational cue in insurance decision making. Theory and Decision, 1-36. (ABS2)
- Chark, R., Chew, S. H., & Zhong, S. (2019). Individual Preference for Longshots. Journal of the European Economic Association. (ABS4)
- Chark, R. (2018). Price Fairness in the Era of the Sharing Economy. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 1938965518790221. (ABS2)
- Chark, R., Fong, L. H. N., & Tang, C. M. F. (2018). A Room of One’s Own: Need for Uniqueness Counters Online WoM. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 1938965518790223. (ABS2)
- Fong, D. K. C., Fong, L. H. N., Chark, R., & Chui, P. M. W. (2018). The Bias of Size in Gambling Decisions: Evidence From a Casino Game. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, 59(1), 78-84. (ABS2)
- Zhong, S., Chark, R., Hsu, M., & Chew, S. H. (2016). Computational substrates of social norm enforcement by unaffected third parties. NeuroImage, 129, 95-104.
- Chark, Robin, and Soo Hong Chew. “A neuroimaging study of preference for strategic uncertainty.” Journal of Risk and Uncertainty 50.3 (2015): 209-227. (ABS3)
- Chark, R., Chew, S. H., & Zhong, S. (2015). Extended present bias: a direct experimental test. Theory and Decision, 79(1), 151-165. (ABS2)
- Muthukrishnan, A. V., & Chark, R. (2015). Choice set induced conflict, deliberation, and persistent preference. Marketing Letters, 26(4), 437-448. (ABS3)
- Chark, R., & Muthukrishnan, A. V. (2013). The effect of physical possession on preference for product warranty. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 30(4), 424-425. (ABS4)
- Tsang SY, …, Robin Chark, et al. (2013), Social Cognitive Role of Schizophrenia Candidate Gene GABRB2, PLoS ONE, 8(4): e62322. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0062322
- Zhong Songfa^, Robin Chark^, Richard Ebstein and Chew Soo Hong (2012), Imaging Genomics supports Dual System for Utility of Risks over Gains and Losses, NeuroImage, 59 (1), 540–546 (^ These authors contributed equally).
- Robin Chark, Amnon Rapoport and Rami Zwick (2011), Experimental Comparison of Two Multiple-Stage Contest Designs with Asymmetric Players, Public Choice, 147 (3–4), 305–329. (ABS3)
- Chark, Robin. “Neuromarketing.” Innovative Research Methodologies in Management. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham, 2018. 179-198.
- Ebstein RP, Zhong S, Chark R, Lai PS, Chew SH. (2012) Genetics of Social Cognition in the Laboratory: Definition, Measurement and Association, in T. Canlin (eds), The Oxford Handbook of Molecular Psychology. Oxford University Press.
- Chew Soo Hong, Li King King, Robin Chark, and Zhong Songfa (2008), Source Preference and Ambiguity Aversion: Models and Evidence from Behavioral and Neuroimaging Experiments, in D. Houser and K. McCabe (eds.), Neuroeconomics, Advances in Health Economics. Emerald Insight.