The University of Macau (UM) is the only international and comprehensive public university in Macao with English as its working language. It provides all-round education to students through a collaborative whole-person education system that combines faculties and residential colleges in a unique 4-in-1 education model. This model integrates discipline-specific education, general education, research and internship education, and community and peer education. Outstanding scholars from around the world are recruited to create a multilingual and multicultural learning environment. The University’s research strategies consist of leveraging its unique features and advantages and strengthening collaboration in order to scale new heights. Adopting a problem-oriented approach, the University will support disciplines with local characteristics that are also in line with global trends. In recent years, the University has seen a significant development in and a rising international recognition for its teaching, research, and community services. With the development of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA), the launching of the Guangdong-Macao intensive cooperation zone in Hengqin, and new initiatives by the University to boost cutting-edge research and interdisciplinary programs, UM embraces unprecedented opportunities for development and offers bright career prospects to professional in different areas.
To support the nation’s master plan for scientific and technological innovation, further deepen the building of the international centre of science and innovation in the GBA, and to promote industrial development in the Guangdong-Macao intensive cooperation zone in Hengqin, UM has launched the Research Assistant Professor Program. High-calibre talents will be recruited to undertake research projects to serve the needs of the country and bring out the strengths of the University, thus providing important impetus for technological innovation in the GBA. This program will vigorously promote the industry-university-research collaboration and the development of new industries to diversify the economy of Macao. It will also enhance the University’s postgraduate education, and facilitate the formation of a talent training hub on the west bank of the GBA. These young and knowledgeable professionals will become an important source and talent pool for the faculty team development in UM.
Applications are invited for the position of Research Assistant Professor on a 2-year initial contract basis, renewable upon outstanding performance up to a total of 4-6 years, in the following departments of the Faculty of Business Administration:
* Department of Accounting and Information Management (Website: https://fba.um.edu.mo/aim/)
* Department of Finance and Business Economics (Website: https://fba.um.edu.mo/fbe/)
* Department of Management and Marketing (Website: https://fba.um.edu.mo/mmi/)
* Department of Integrated Resort and Tourism Management (Website: https://fba.um.edu.mo/drtm/)
Appointees are normally assigned with minimal teaching duties.
- Possess a PhD degree in the related disciplines in a world-renowned university;
- Post-doctoral research experience is preferable;
- Outstanding academic performance in the related disciplines;
- Demonstrate a good team spirit and excellent communication skills;
- English is the working language, while knowledge in Chinese/Portuguese will be an advantage.
A taxable annual remuneration between MOP500,000 and 700,000 (approximately USD61,720 to 86,410) will be commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualification and relevant professional experience. The current local maximum income tax rate is 12% but is effectively around 5% – 7% after various discretionary exemptions experience.
- Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details and apply ONLINE on or before 15 August 2022;
- For application, please fill in the ONLINE application form and upload the following documents: 1) Detailed Curriculum Vitae; 2) Academic certificate; 3) Performance summary form (download here); 4) Research proposal (download here); 5) Five representative academic publications.