The Master of Science (MSc) in Accounting Programme aims at catering the emerging needs of high-level professionals who possess advanced accounting knowledge in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS). It has been accredited by several leading international professional accounting associations. Graduates who have completed the required degree courses will be eligible to obtain the maximum exemptions of papers from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) of UK, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), and the Certified Practising Accountants of Australia (CPA Australia)*. The professional accreditations assures high quality and reinforce internationalization of the programme. Graduates can get a head start in career and enhance their employability and competitiveness with professional qualifications.
*Please refer to https://fba.um.edu.mo/departments/aim/ for further details.
- To integrate theoretical knowledge with practical applications to enhance decision-making and corporate strategy formulation skills
- To significantly deepen knowledge in the latest international accounting standards, business ethics, corporate governance and corporate social responsibility
- To offer a springboard towards gaining first-class professional accounting qualification
- To provide a platform for professional experience sharing and networking
The normative study period of the programme is 2 years. The medium of instruction is English (except for “China Taxation” which may be conducted in Chinese). Classes will mainly be held on weekday evenings and on weekends.
Admission will be in accordance with the Admission Regulations Governing Master’s Degree & Postgraduate Certificates/Diploma Programmes of the University. Applicants are required to provide a testimonial of English as the medium of instruction issued by their undergraduate university or TOEFL, IELTS or CET6 scores as a proof of English proficiency.
Please refer to the website of the Graduate School for more details: https://grs.um.edu.mo/index.php/prospective-students/
Both local and international accounting firms seek out graduates from the Master of Science (MSc) in Accounting Programme. As an MSc in Accounting graduate, you will be suited for a career in accounting, banking, management consulting, financial management, entrepreneurship, the public sector, MNCs, state-owned enterprises and academia to the scope of Macau, the Greater Bay Area, Mainland China and beyond.
- General Framework of Project Report
- General Framework of Academic Thesis
- General Framework of Thesis with Business Application / Applied Thesis
- Notes and Workflow for Project Report
- Proposal Guidelines of Academic Thesis
- Proposal Guidelines of Thesis with Business Application / Applied Thesis
- Classification of Master’s Degree Programmes (For students admitted in academic year 2014/2015 and onwards)
- Thesis Topic and Proposal Form
- Thesis Declaration Form
- Sample Thesis Cover (Final Version)
- Graduation Requirement Self-Check (For accounting bachelor degree holders)
- Graduation Requirement Self-Check (For non-accounting bachelor degree holders)