Exploring the world of accounting at our accredited Business School, the DAIM offers the MSc in Accounting programme which is a professionally orientated degree that has been accredited by international professional accounting bodies. Our programme is highly regarded in the market from employers and professional accounting bodies. Our teaching combines the latest academic theories with practical skills. Students are taught with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Standards on Auditing (ISA), financial accounting, managerial accounting, financial management, financial statement analysis, corporate governance, taxations, auditing, financial technology and a wide range of other electives. The professional accreditations we have gained assure high quality and reinforce internationalisation of the programme. Our programme attracts maximum exemptions of professional examination papers from various prestigious international accounting bodies including:
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Certified Practising Accountants, Australia (CPAA)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA) (currently under review).
- To provide thorough academic training at the frontier of accounting and finance, IFRS, ISA, corporate governance, taxation, auditing and financial technology.
- To integrate theoretical accounting and finance knowledge with practice to enhance understanding and learning.
- To enable students to acquire transferrable professional accounting, business and digital skills to prepare their careers in the changing IT environment.
- To provide a fast-track gateway to obtain international professional accounting qualifications.
Programme duration and medium of instruction
The normative study period of the programme is 2 years. The medium of instruction is English. Classes will mainly be held on weekday evenings and on weekends.
Admission will be in accordance with the Admission Regulations Governing Master’s Degree and Postgraduate Certificates/Diploma Programmes of the University. Applicants are required to provide a testimonial of English as the medium of instruction issued by their undergraduate university or TOEFL, IELTS or CET6 scores as a proof of English proficiency. Please refer to the website of the Graduate School for more details: https://grs.um.edu.mo/index.php/prospective-students
Students should complete six compulsory courses, four required elective courses and a project report with successful oral defense to fulfill the graduation requirements. Students are required to complete 36 credits and achieve a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or above for graduation.
Career prospects for our graduates are excellent. Graduates are highly sought after by diverse employers in the Greater Bay Area and beyond. Our alumni work in international and big corporations such as PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte, KPMG, Ernst and Young, Luso International Banking Ltd,, Sands China, Melco Group, Galaxy Entertainment Group, China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Bank of China Macau Branch, Ministry of Ecology and Environment, China Minsheng Bank, China Construction Fifth Engineering Bureau, Ltd,, Nam Kwong Logistics Co. Ltd, Citic Bank, Banco Nacional Ultramarino S.A., Companhia de Electricidade de Macau S.A. (C.E.M.), Shinhan Bank, Shanghai, Social Security Fund, Macao Government Tourism Office, Cultural Affairs Bureau, Monetary Authority of Macao (AMCM), and University of Macau etc. Graduates can get a head start in a wide range of careers in today’s global and digital market in the areas of accounting, auditing, finance, banking, management consulting, business analytics and government.
|MSc in Accounting Programme||Lecture Schedule||Textbook Information|
- General Framework of Project Report
- General Framework of Academic Thesis
- General Framework of Thesis with Business Application / Applied Thesis
- Notes and Workflow for Project Report
- Proposal Guidelines of Academic Thesis
- Proposal Guidelines of Thesis with Business Application / Applied Thesis
- Classification of Master’s Degree Programmes (For students admitted in academic year 2014/2015 and onwards)
- Thesis Topic and Proposal Form
- Thesis Declaration Form
- Sample Thesis Cover (Final Version)
- Graduation Requirement Self-Check (For accounting bachelor degree holders)
- Graduation Requirement Self-Check (For non-accounting bachelor degree holders)