MAJOR DECLARATION PERIOD For BBA Programme 2020/2021
3rd November – 20th November, 2020
Target: For B9 intake GBS17 students with Cum GPA1.5 or above and students who transferred to GBS in the previous academic year.
General Business Studies
- For students who want to gain knowledge in business without being constrained by a major
Students will be automatically assigned to General Business Studies if they
- Do NOT have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 after the final examination of this semester
- Do NOT declare their majors (submission of incomplete major declaration form / major declaration form is not submitted)
Major Declaration Requirement
Requirement of Each Major: Minimum cumulative GPA (cGPA) 2.0 in 2nd semester 2020/2021
- Complete Major Declaration Form (FBA/Form/005)
- Prioritize your choices
- Rank all majors from 1 to 6 as instructed
- State preference for specializations
- Submit the form during major declaration period; please submit to FBA General Office (E22-G031) during office hours or Drop-off box outside FBA General Office during non- office
Final Result of Major Declaration
Major will be assigned with reference to your cumulative GPA till this semester (i.e. academic results of this semester will be counted).
Students who select certain major as their first choice will be entertained with priority in that area. Other students who declare it as second choice and so on will only be considered if there is/are free seat(s) left.
If the number of students who declare a specific major as first choice exceeds the major’s quota, students with lower cGPA will be looped to other choices according to stated priority, subject to the remaining quota of each major.
Students with cumulative GPA of 2.0 or beyond after the final examination of this semester AND have submitted COMPLETED major declaration forms will be assigned to a major according to their declaration. Otherwise, they will be assigned to General Business Studies automatically.
Final result will be posted on FBA e-notice board in early January 2021.
Contact information for each major
Business Economics: Dr. Henry LEI, Email: Henrylei@um.edu.mo
Financial Controllership: Dr. Philip LAW, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Business Management: Dr. Javier CUERVO, Email: Jcuervo@um.edu.mo
Human Resource Management: Dr. Jennifer LAI, Email : email@example.com
Briefing of Marketing: Dr. Lancy MAC, Email: Lancymac@um.edu.mo
Transfer of Major
For students who later think the chosen/assigned major is not suitable for them, they can apply for transfer of major during the relevant application period.
Students are NOT allowed to apply for transfer of major within the same programme (i.e. GBS/BEC/HRM/FIC/GBM/MKG major) in the semester following after major declaration, which is the 2nd semester of academic year 2020/2021.
Each student can only change their major once during their studies in UM. Please refer to Registry homepage regarding the criteria and application period.