Ms. Yuko MATSUMOTO
Senior Instructor in Management
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau, E22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
- MA in Speech Communication, California State University, Fullerton, USA (1994)
- Undergraduate Courses
- Business Communications (MGMT220)
- Cross-Cultural Communication and Negotiation in Business (GBMT403)
- Cross-Cultural Management (MGMT465)
- Organizational Behavior (MGMT221)
- Principles of Business Management (MGMT110)
- Creativity and Marketing (GESB008)
- Intercultural Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Cultural Identity and Language
- Moody, A. & Matsumoto, Y.(2003). “Don’t Touch my Moustache”, Language and Code Ambiguation by two J-Pop Artist, Asian English, 6 (1) 4-33.
- Moody, A. & Matsumoto, Y.(1999). “The Survey of Attitudes toward English in Japan”, SHETAR International Journal 1(1) 45-54.
- Moody, A. & Matsumoto, Y.(1999). “The Survey of Attitudes toward English in Japan: Constructing the Elicitation Instrument”, NUCB Journal, 1(2) 51-51.
- Gudykunst, W. B., Matsumoto, Y., Ting-Toomey, S., Nishida, T., Kim, K. S., & Heyman, S. (1996). The influences of cultural individualism-collectivism, self-construals, and individual values on communication styles across cultures. Human Communication Research, 22(4), 510-543.
- Moody, A. & Matsumoto, Y.(2012)”Lu-go and the role of English loanwords in Japanese: The making of a ‘pop pidgin’. In J. S. Lee & A. Moody (Eds.), English in Asian Popular Culture (pp.103-126). Hong Kong: Hong Kong University Press.
- Moody, A., & Matsumoto, Y. (2011). The Ideal Speaker of Japanese English as Portrayed in ‘Language Entertainment’ Television. In Seargeant (Ed.), English in Japan in the Era of Globalisation (pp.166-186). Palgrave Macmillan.
- Gudykunst, W. B., Matsumoto, Y. (1996). Cultural variability of communication in personal relationship. In W. B. Gudykunst, S. Ting-Toomey & T. Nishida (Eds.), Communication in personal relationships across cultures (pp.19-56). Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
- So, J., Fong, D., Liu, R., Lam, D., Hang, F., & Un, W. et al. (2017). Macao Visitor Profile Study Summary Report 2012 – 2016. Macao: University of Macau.
- So, J., Fong, D., Lam, D., So, A., Lam, T., & Tung, R. et al. (2016). Macao Visitor Profile Study Summary Report 2011 – 2015. Macao: University of Macau.
- Lam, Desmond and Yuko Matsumoto (2017), “The Case of Japan – The dilemma and way forward for Asian integrated resorts”, Global Gaming Business, December.
- Matsumoto, Yuko (2018) Seminar translator for 5 sessions of The 5th module of Global Leadership Development Program – International Integrated Resort Management, Asia Pacific Academy of Economics and Management, Nagasaki (Japan), July 21 & 22.
- Matsumoto, Yuko (2017) To connect with people across cultures. Presented to the Incentive Study Tour groups from Miki Corporation, Japan. Macau, May 16, 17 & 18.
- Matsumoto, Yuko (2016) Doumo Obrigada: Portugal, Macau and Me. Presented to the members of Rotary Club of Macau, Macau, April 28.
- Interviewed by Macau Business’ senior writer/researcher, Ms. Sheyla Zandonai, regarding Japanese community in Macau as well as Japanese tourists visiting Macau. (Jan. 12, 2017)
- Member since 2016, Rotary Club of Macau
- Secretary General since 2010, The Japan Society of Macau