Prof. (Priscilla) Pui Sun TAM
Associate Professor in Business Economics
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau, E22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
- Ph.D. in Economics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong , Hong Kong, China
- Master in Economics, The University of Hong Kong , Hong Kong, China
- Bachelor in Social Sciences, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
- Undergraduate Courses
- Intermediate Microeconomics (ECIF201)
- Introduction to Macroeconomics (ECIF100)
- Introduction to Microeconomics (ECIF101)
- Principles of Microeconomics (BECO100)
- Applied Econometrics (BECO404)
- Econometrics I (BECO2001, BECO200, BECO210, ECIF310)
- Econometrics II (ECIF311)
- Financial Econometrics (BECO311)
- Introduction to Econometrics (BECO4003, BECO403)
- The Economy of the Asia-Pacific Region (ECIF412)
- Economies of the Asia-Pacific Region (ECMC470)
- International Organizations (ECIF404)
- Honours Project (HONR400)
- Graduate Courses
- Academic Thesis (FINC798)
- Thesis (FINC799)
- Business Thesis (IMBC999)
- Applied Econometrics
- Development Economics
- Tourism Economics
- An alternative explanation for high saving in China: Rising inequality, with X. Gu and G. Li, International Review of Economics and Finance (forthcoming)
- Economic transition and growth dynamics in Asia: Harmony or discord? (2018), Comparative Economic Studies, 60, 361-387.
- The economics of taxation in casino tourism with cross-border market power (2016), with X. Gu, C.K. Lei and X. Chang, Review of Development Economics, 20, 113-125.
- Inequality and saving: Further evidence from integrated economies (2015), with X. Gu, B., Huang and Y. Zhang, Review of Development Economics, 19, 15-30.
- A spatial-temporal analysis of East Asian equity market linkages (2014), Journal of Comparative Economics, 42, 304-327.
- The impacts of demand and supply elasticities on gambling tax choices (2014), with X. Gu, Journal of Gambling Business and Economics, 8, 53-71.
- Market structure and casino taxation in tourist resorts (2014), with X. Gu, Applied Economics, 46, 1049-1057.
- Tax incidence and price discrimination: An application of theories to gambling markets (2014), with X. Gu, China Economic Review, 28, 135-151.
- Casino tourism, social cost, and tax effects (2013), with X. Gu and G. Li, International Gambling Studies, 13, 221-239.
- The saving-growth-inequality triangle in China (2013), with X. Gu, Economic Modelling, 33, 850-857.
- Finite-sample distribution of the augmented Dickey-Fuller test with lag optimization (2013), Applied Economics, 45, 3495-3511.
- Size properties of Lagrange Multiplier cointegration tests in the presence of structural breaks, (2012) Applied Economics Letters, 19, 1061-1064.
- Casino taxation in Macao: An economic perspective. Journal of Gambling Studies (2011), with X. Gu, 27, 587-605.
- A panel data approach to the income convergence among Mainland China Hong Kong and Macao(2010), with C.K. Lei, . Journal of the Asia-Pacific Economy, 15, 420-435.
- Stochastic convergence of the Greater China economies: A panel unit root approach (2013), with C.K. Lei, in B. Wu, S. Yao, and J. Chen (eds.), China’s Development and Harmonisation: Toward a Balance with Nature, Society and International Community, Routledge.
- Economic impact of gaming expansion on tourism in Macau (2008), with I.W.T. Choy, in W.C. Ieong et al. (eds.), The Rapid Growth of Casino Industry and Its Impacts to the Macao Economy and Society, Union of Macao Scholars.