Prof. Jennifer Yuen Man LAI
Associate Professor in Management
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau, E22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
- PhD in Management, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2007
- Instructor, Department of Management, City University of Hong Kong (2000 – 2003)
- Senior Research Assistant, Department of Management, City University of Hong Kong (1998 – 2000)
- Undergraduate Courses
- Principles of Business Management (MGMT110)
- Human Resource Management (MGMT332)
- Global Human Resource Management (GBMT401)
- Employees Relations, Safety, and Health (.)
- Research Methods (.)
- Organizational Behavior (.)
- Organizational citizenship behavior
- Dirty work
- Job stress
- The role of ethical leadership in knowledge sharing: Examining intrinsic and extrinsic motivation processes, 2014-2015, Principal Investigator
- An investigation of psychological processes of turnover contagion, funded by the Research Committee of the University of Macau, 2011-2012, Principal Investigator
- The Effect of Regulatory Fit on Attitudes and Behavior of Internal Customers, funded by the Research Committee of the University of Macau, 2010, Co-principal Investigator
- The Study of Dirty Work in Gaming Industry, funded by the Research Committee of University of Macau, 2007-2009, Principal Investigator
- Schaubroeck, J. M., Lam, L. W., Lai, J. Y. M., Lennard, A. C., Peng, A. C., & Chan, K. W. (2018). Changing experiences of work dirtiness, occupational disidentification, and employee withdrawal. Journal of Applied Psychology, 103(10), 1086-1100.
- Lai, J. Y. M., Chow, C. W.C., & Loi, R. (2018). The interactive effect of LMX and LMX differentiation on followers’ job burnout: Evidence from tourism industry in Hong Kong. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 29(12), 1972-1998.
- Luk, Chung Leung, Chow, C. W. C., Wan, W. W. N., Lai, J. Y. M., Fu, I. S. F., & Fong, C. P. S. (2017). An institutional perspective on modernization and sex-appeal advertising. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 29(2), 220-238.
- Ruan, S., Lai, J. Y. M., Chen, X., Zhang, X. (2016). Deviated Expectation based Classification Method for Stock Price Prediction. Services Transactions on Big Data (STBD), 3(2), 36-46.
- Lai, J. Y. M., Lam, S. S. K., & Chow, C. W. C. (2015). What good soldiers are made of: the role of personality similarity. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 30(8), 1003-1018.
- Chow, C. W. C., Lai, J. Y. M., & Loi, R. (2015). Motivation of travel agents’ customer service behavior and organizational citizenship behavior: The role of leader-member exchange and internal marketing orientation. Tourism Management, 48, 362-369.
- Wang, X., Chow, W. C., Yang, Z., & Lai, J. Y. (2013). Market Signals: Website Investment and Physical Store Existence. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 26(1), 94-113.
- Lai, J. Y. M., Lam, L. W., & Lam, S. S. K. (2013). Organizational citizenship behavior in work groups: A team cultural perspective. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 34(7), 1039-1056. (nominated for the Journal of Organizational Behavior Best Paper Award 2013)
- Lai, J. Y. M., Chan, K. W., Lam, L. W. (2013). Defining who you are not: The roles of moral dirtiness and occupational and organizational disidentification in affecting casino employees’ turnover intention. Journal of Business Research, 66(9), 1659-1666.
- Lai, J. Y. M., & Lam, L. W. (2012). Dirty work in Chinese societies. In X. Huang & M. H. Bond (Eds.). Handbook of Chinese organizational behavior, Edward Elgar: Cheltenham, UK, p. 103-117.
- Loi, R., Lai, J. Y. M., & Lam, L. W. (2012). Working under a committed boss: A test of the relationship between supervisors’ and subordinates’ affective commitment. Leadership Quarterly, 23, 466-475.
- Lai, J. Y. M., Lam, L. W., & Liu, Y. (2010). Do you really need help? A study of employee supplication and job performance in China. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, 27, 541-559.
- Akhtar, S., Lee, J. S. Y., & Lai, J. Y. M. (2003). Influences of stressors and coping resources on job burnout and intention to quit among the nurses in the public hospitals of Hong Kong : Implications for human resource management (Final Report HSRC # 278108). Hong Kong: Health Services Research Committee.
- Zhu, J. N. Y., Lam, L. W., & Lai, J. Y. M. (2017). Emotion displays in emotionally demanding job： The effects of perceived supervisor support and work engagement. 10th Asia Academy of Management and 10th Taiwan Academy of Management Joint Conference: Contextualization: The Role of Context in Theory Building and Exploring New Ideas. Fukuoka, Japan.
- Chow, W. C., Fu, S. F., & Lai, J. Y. M. (2015). Online Group-Buying: The Effect of Offer Popularity on Consumer Purchase Intention. Proceedings of the 29th Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) Conference. Queenstown.
- Lai, J. Y. M., Chow, C. W. C., & Loi, R. (2015). Leader–member exchange (LMX) differentiation: A double-edged sword? The interactive effect of LMX and LMX differentiation on followers’ job burnout. The 9th Asia Academy of Management Conference. Hong Kong.
- Lai, J. Y. M., Lam, L. W. (2014). Are you willing to do it? Performing dirty work in the Chinese context. The 6th International Association for Chinese Management Research Conference. Beijing.
- Chow, C. W. C., Lai, J. Y. M., Kwok, M. L. J. 2011. Emotional contagion in travel and tourism industry: The moderating role of trust in leaders and leader-member exchange. EMAC 40th conference, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Loi, R., Lai, J. Y. M., & Lam, L. W. 2010. An investigation of the trickle-down effect of affective commitment in supervisor-subordinate dyad. The Asia Academy of Management Seventh Conference, Macau
- Chow, C. W. C., Kwok, M. L. J., Luk, C. L., & Lai, J. Y. M. 2010. Improving job behavior of service employees by regulatory fit: The mediating role of leader-member exchange and moderating role of emotional intelligence. The Asia Academy of Management Seventh Conference, Macau
- Lai, J. Y. M., Lam, L. W., & Chan, K. W. 2010. How dirty is your job? The development and validation of the Perceived Work Dirtiness Scale. The Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Montreal, Canada
- Lai, J. Y. M., Lam, L. W., & Liu, Y. 2008. Do you really need help? A study of employee supplication and job performance in China. APJM Special Issue Conference on “Managing in Ethnic Chinese Communities”, Kaoshiung, Taiwan
- Chan, K. W., & Lai, Y. M. 2008. Perceived Dirtiness Among Casino workers in Macau. Professional Development Workshop Session, The Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Anaheim, California.
- Lai, J. Y. M., & Lam, S. 2007. What Good Soldiers Are Made of: The Role of Personality Similarity. The Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Lai, Y. M., & Lam, S. S. K. 2006. A multilevel examination of the impact of organizational citizenship behavior on rated performance. The Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Member, Academy of Management (2006 – Present)