Prof. Jacey Ja Young CHOE
Assistant Professor in Integrated Resort and Tourism Management
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau, E22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
- Ph.D in Food and Beverage Management, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong (2017)
- M.S in Nutritional Science & Food Management (Food Service Area), Ewha Womans University, Korea (2009)
- B.S in Food & Nutrition, Ewha Womans University, Korea (2007)
- Assistant Professor, Faculty of Business Administration, University of Macau (Jan. 2018 – present)
- Postdoctoral Fellow – School of Hotel & Tourism Management, Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Jul. 2017 – Dec. 2017)
- Teaching Assistant – School of Hotel & Tourism Management, Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Mar. 2014 – Feb. 2017)
- Researcher – Global Food and Nutrition Research Institute, Ewha Womans University (Oct. 2011 – Aug. 2013)
- Dispatched Researcher – Yanbian University of Science and Technology (Aug. 2009 – Jul. 2011)
- Middle Manager – Café Amoje (Mar. 2009 – Jul. 2009)
- Teaching Assistant/Research Assistant – Nutritional Science & Food Management, Ewha Womans University (Mar. 2007 – Feb 2009)
- Undergraduate Courses
- Quality Service Management (IIRM 3001)
- Food, Eating, and Culture (GESB 006)
- Tourists’ food consumption
- Ethnic restaurant management
- Psychological and cultural aspects of food
- Food technology
- Cross-cultural studies
- Best Paper Award – 2018 International Conferences on Tourism (ICOT) June, 2018
- 2016 Highly Commended Award – Journal of Service Management, International Research Symposium in Service Management (IRSSM) 7 (August, 2016)
- Excellent Paper Award – World Conference on Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Research & International Convention and Expo Summit (WHTER & ICES) 2015 (May, 2015)
- Silver Prize Award – 2014 World Hospitality and Tourism Forum (June, 2014).
- Grand Prize – Idea Contest: Daily Food Product Development, Ewha Womans University (November, 2008).
- Choe, J. Y. J., & Kim, S. S. (2018). Development and validation of a multidimensional tourist’s local food consumption value (TLFCV) scale. International Journal of Hospitality Management. Accepted.
- Kim, S. S., & Choe, J. Y. J. (2018). Testing a attribute-benefit-value (ABV) model of foreign tourists’ perceptions of local food consumption. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. Accepted.
- Hwang, J. S, Kim, S. S., Choe, J. Y. J., & Chung, C.H. (2018). Exploration of the successful glocalization of ethnic food: A case of Korean food. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. Accepted.
- Kim, S. S., Choe, J. Y. J., & Petrick, J. F. (2018). The effect of celebrity on brand awareness, perceived quality, brand image, brand loyalty, and destination attachment to a literary festival. Journal of Destination Marketing & Management, 9, 320-329.
- Choe, J. Y. J., & Kim, S. S. (2018). Effects of tourists’ local food consumption value on attitude, food destination image, and behavioral intention. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 71, 1-10.
- Kim, S., Choe, J. Y., & Lee, S. (2017). How are food value video clips effective in promoting food tourism? Generation Y versus non–Generation Y. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 1-17.
- Adongo, R., Choe, J. Y., & Han, H. (2017). Tourism in Hoi An, Vietnam: impacts, perceived benefits, community attachment and support for tourism development. International Journal of Tourism Sciences, 17(2), 86-106.
- Choe, J. Y., Kim, J. H., & Cho, M. S. (2017). A Comparison of Food Contents Used by Official Tourism Organizations’ Mobile Applications. Journal of Gastronomy and Tourism, 2(3), 203-216.
- Kim, S. S., Moon, J., & Choe, J. Y. (2016). Comparison of destination brand equity models of competitive convention cities in East Asia. Journal of Convention and Event Tourism, 17 (4), 318-342.
- Kim, S. S., Choe, J. Y., & Lee, A. J. (2016). Efforts to globalize a national food: Market segmentation by reasons for ethnic food preferences. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 28 (10), 2310-2330.
- Choe, J. Y., & Cho, M. S. (2012). Investigation of dietary behaviors according to residence status and ethnicity of university students in Yanbian, China, The Korean Society of Food Culture, 27(1), 38-48.
- Choe, J. Y., & Cho, M. S. (2011). Food neophobia and willingness to try non-traditional foods for Koreans, Food Quality and Preference, 22(7), 671-677.
- Choe, J. Y., & Cho, M. S. (2010). A Study of ethnic restaurant selection attributes and customer’s satisfaction, Journal of Foodservice Management Society of Korea, 13(2), 125-147.
- Choe, J. Y., Moon, O. (Jun 27, 2018). Understanding Food Tourists’ Hierarchical Consumption Value Maps. (pp.68). Greece, Jun 26-28, 2018.
- Choe, J. Y. (Nov 5, 2017). Tourists’ Typology Based on Local Food Experience. 2017 Asian Food Study Conference. Korea. Nov 3-5, 2017.
- Choe, J. Y. (Aug 7, 2017). Understanding the food tourism trend in Korea. 2017 Chulalongkorn Asian Heritage Forum: Culture of Leisure – Balance of Life. Thailand. Aug 7-8, 2017.
- Choe, J. Y., & Kim, S. S. (Jun 24, 2017). Understanding of the impact of local food consumption value on satisfaction and intention to visit the destination for food tourism. 16th Asia Pacific Forum for Graduate Students Research in Tourism (pp.401-402). Korea. Jun 22-24, 2017.
- Choe, J. Y., & Kim, S. S. (Dec 3, 2016). The comparison of the ethnic restaurant performances, food attributes and cultural factors among ethnic restaurants in Hong Kong. 6th Asian Food Study Conference (AFSC). Japan. Dec 3-5, 2016.
- Choe, J. Y., & Kim, S. S. (Aug 4, 2016). Effects of national food video clip and their implications on food business stakeholders. International Research Symposium in Service Management (IRSSM) conference (pp. 17). Thailand. Aug 2-6, 2016.
- Choe, J. Y., & Kim, S. S. (July 14, 2016). A study of local food consumption value in the food tourism context. Tourism Sciences Society of Korea (TOSOK) International Conference (pp. 60). Korea. July 13-15, 2016.
- Kim, J. H., & Choe, J. Y. (May 18, 2016). Comparative study of government mobile application for incorporating food tourism. 2nd Global Tourism & Hospitality Conference and 15th Asia Pacific Forum for Graduate Students Research in Tourism (pp. 147-156). Hong Kong. May 16-18, 2016.
- Choe, J. Y., Kim, S. S., & Lee, J. (May 20, 2015). Competitiveness of Asian ethnic restaurants in Hong Kong. World Conference on Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Research & International Convention and Expo Summit (WHTER & ICES) 2015 Conference (pp. 114-122). Korea. May 20-22, 2015.
- Choe, J. Y., Kim, S. S., & Lee, A. J. (June 26, 2014). Is globalizing a national food possible? Market segmentation by reasons for preferring Korean food. 2014 World Hospitality and Tourism Forum. (pp. 51-70). Korea. June 26-28, 2014.
- Cho, M. S., Yoon, H. R., & Choe, J. Y. (July 11, 2008). Food Neophobia Scale (FNS) as a predictor of ethnic food experiences. 2008 14th Asia Pacific Tourism Association (APTA) Annual Conference. (pp. 187-189). Thailand. July 9-12, 2008.
- Certified Hospitality Educator