Dr. Chun Kwok, Henry LEI
Assistant Professor in Business Economics
Associate Head of Department of Finance and Business Economics
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau, E22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
- PhD in Economics, Middlesex University, UK, 2006
- Master in European Studies, University of Macau, Macau, 2000
- Master in Economics (Science), Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, 1996
- Bachelor in Social Science (Economics), University of Macau, Macau, 1995
- Assistant Professor, Department of Finance and Business Economics, FBA, University of Macau (2006-present)
- Lecturer of Economics, FBA, University of Macau (1999-2006)
- Teaching Assistant (Economics), FBA, University of Macau (1998-1999)
- Demonstrator, Department of Economics, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (1995-1996)
- Undergraduate Courses
- Principles of Microeconomics (BECO100)
- Principles of Maroeconomics (BECO101)
- Intermediate Economics (BECO201)
- Intermediate Macroeconomics (BECO309)
- Economic Policy and Planning (BECO300)
- Public Economics and Finance (BECO301)
- Economics and Tourism (BECO304)
- The European Economy (BECO410)
- Postgraduate Courses
- EU and Sustainable Development (EURS737)
- Economic Integration
- Productivity and Efficiency
- Income Inequality
- Macroeconomic Policies
- Chinese Economy
- Tourism and inequality alleviation: The case of China (MYRG2017-00101-FBA) funded by the Research And Development Office of University of Macau, 2017-2018.
- The Spatial Pattern on the Efficiency and Competitiveness of China’s Tourism Sector (MYRG2015-00068-FBA) funded by the Research And Development Office of University of Macau, 2015-2016.
- The Economic Transitions of China and the Global Implications (MYRG005(Y1-L1)-FBA13-LCK), funded by the Research And Development Office of University of Macau, 2013-2014.
- Inequality, Efficiency and Growth in the Pearl River Delta Region (MYRG004(Y1-L1)-FBA11-LCK), funded by the Research And Development Office of University of Macau, 2011-2012.
- Lei C.K. (2017), “The Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement (CEPA) and its impacts on the export efficiency of Hong Kong and Macao”, Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, DOI: 10.1080/14765284.2017.1281082
- Gu, X., Tam, P.S., Lei, C.K. and Chang, X. (2016). “The Economics of Taxation in Casino Tourism with Cross-Border Market Power” Review of Development Economics, 20, 113-125.
- Lei C.K. (2014), “Sources of Income Inequality: The Case of Guangdong”, Journal of Chinese Economics, 2(1), 10-33.
- Lei C.K. (2014), “Efficiency Convergence in the Greater China Region”, Cambridge Journal of China Studies, 9(2), 8-29.
- Lei C.K. (2013), “Can Chinese Cities Achieve HigherTechnical Efficiency after Hosting Mega Events?”, International Journal of China Studies, 4(1), 85-110.
- Lei C.K. and Tam P.S. (2010),”A Panel Data Approach to the Income Convergence among Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macao”, Journal of the Asia-Pacfiic Economy, 15, 42-435.
- Lei C.K. and Yao S. (2008),”On Income Convergence among China, Hong Kong and Macau” The World Economy, 31(3), 345-366.
- Lei, C.K. and Tam, P.S. (2013). Stochastic convergence of the Greater China economies: A panel unit root approach. In B. Wu, S. Yao, and J. Chen (eds.). China’s Development and Harmonisation: Toward a Balance with Nature, Society and International Community, Routledge, 2013, ISBN: 978-0415665674
- Lei C.K. and Yao S. “Economic Convergence in Greater China” Routledge, 2009, ISBN: 978-0-415-43581-9
- Lei C.K. (2015), “The Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement (CEPA) and its impacts on the efficiency of merchandising exports of Hong Kong and Macao”, The 26th CEA (UK) and 7th CEA (Europe) Annual Conference organised by the Chinese Economic Association (UK/Europe), The University of Nottingham, U.K..
- Lei C.K. (2014), “The Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement between Macao and Mainland China and its Implications”, The 1st Asian Grand Symposium of International Trade Scholars : FTA & Korea Trade in Asia
- Lei C.K. (2012), “The role of trade in the process of economic transition: The case of Guangdong”, The International Forum for Contemporary Chinese Studies 5, Beijing, China.
- Lei C.K. (2011), “The linkage between income inequality and technical efficiency”, The International Forum for Contemporary Chinese Studies 4, Nottingham, U.K.
- Lei C.K. (2010), “A Comparative Study on Technical Efficiency for Difference Chinese Economies on the City Level”, The International Forum for Contemporary Chinese Studies 3, Xi’an, China.
- Lei C.K.and Tam P.S.(2009), “Stochastic Income Convergence among Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau: A Panel Unit Root Approach”, Chinese Economists Society (CES) 2009 Conference, Macau, China.
- Lei C.K. (2017), “A Comparative Study on the Trade Potential between China, the Belt & Road and Portuguese Speaking Countries”.
- Lei C.K. (2016), “An update on the efficiency performance of Chinese star-rated hotels”.
- PhD Students
- Member of Supervision Committee
- Master Students
- Supervisor of Master Thesis: The European Foreign Direct Investment in China
- Supervisor of Master Thesis: Analysis of Foreign Direct Investment of Chinese Enterprises in Germany
- Vice Chairman, Executive Board, Macau Economic Association
- President, Board of Director and the Executive Committee, Master of European Studies Association of Macau.