Prof. Chun Kwok, Henry LEI
Assistant Professor in Business Economics
Associate Head of Department of Finance and Business Economics
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau, E22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
- PhD in Economics, Middlesex University, UK, 2006
- Master in European Studies, University of Macau, Macau, 2000
- Master in Economics (Science), Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, 1996
- Bachelor in Social Science (Economics), University of Macau, Macau, 1995
- Assistant Professor, Department of Finance and Business Economics, FBA, University of Macau (2006-present)
- Lecturer of Economics, FBA, University of Macau (1999-2006)
- Teaching Assistant (Economics), FBA, University of Macau (1998-1999)
- Demonstrator, Department of Economics, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (1995-1996)
- Undergraduate Courses
- Principles of Microeconomics (BECO1000)
- Principles of Maroeconomics (BECO1001)
- Intermediate Economics (BECO2000)
- The Economics of Tourism (BECO3004)
- Intermediate Macroeconomics (BECO3009)
- Greater China and the Global Economy (GEGA2001 )
- Graduate Courses
- EU and Sustainable Development (GPAD7514 )
- Innovation and the World Economy (GPAD7511)
- Politics and Economy in Macao (SSGC7003)
- Introduction to Macau Studies (SSGC7001)
- Economic Integration
- Productivity and Efficiency
- Income Inequality
- Macroeconomic Policies
- Chinese Economy
- Tourism and inequality alleviation: The case of China (MYRG2017-00101-FBA) funded by the Research And Development Office of University of Macau, 2017-2018.
- The Spatial Pattern on the Efficiency and Competitiveness of China’s Tourism Sector (MYRG2015-00068-FBA) funded by the Research And Development Office of University of Macau, 2015-2016.
- The Economic Transitions of China and the Global Implications (MYRG005(Y1-L1)-FBA13-LCK), funded by the Research And Development Office of University of Macau, 2013-2014.
- Inequality, Efficiency and Growth in the Pearl River Delta Region (MYRG004(Y1-L1)-FBA11-LCK), funded by the Research And Development Office of University of Macau, 2011-2012.
- Zhao, Q.B., Lei, C.K., , Peng, L. and Gu, X.H., (2020), The U.S.-Sino different links between income and consumption inequality, Applied Economics Letters, https://doi.org/10.1080/13504851.2020.1771268 (ABS1)
- Gu, X.H., Sheng, L., Yuen, C.Y. and Lei, C.K., (2020), Modellig the economic effect of statutory taxation on gaming hospitality., Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research , Accepted (ABS2)
- Gu, X.H., Lei, C.K., Sheng, E., and Zhao, Q.B., (Accepted), ‘Global Current Account Imbalances and the Link between Income and Consumption Inequality’. Review of International Economics.(ABS3)
- Gu, X.H., Li, G.Q., Lei, C.K., Sheng, E., Zhao, Q.B., 2019, ‘The inequality-housing price nexus in tourist resorts: Theory and evidence’, Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting and Economics, Forthcoming. (ABS2)
- Gu, X.H., Tam, P.S., Zhang, Y. & Lei, C.K., 2019, ‘Inequality, leverage and crises: Theory and evidencerevisited’, The World Economy, DOI: 10.1111/twec.12806 (ABS2)
- Wu, J., Ma Z.Z., Liu, Z.Y. & Lei, C.K., 2019, ‘A contingent view of institutional environment, firm capability, andinnovation performance of emerging multinational enterprises’,Industrial Marketing Management, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2019.01.018 (ABS3)
- Lei, C.K., 2019, ‘Revenue diversification, incoming tourists and China hotels’ performance’, Tourism Analysis, DOI:https://doi.org/10.3727/108354219X15652651367488. (ABS2)
- Lei C.K. (2017), “The Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement (CEPA) and its impacts on the export efficiency of Hong Kong and Macao”, Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, DOI: 10.1080/14765284.2017.1281082
- Gu, X., Tam, P.S., Lei, C.K. and Chang, X. (2016). “The Economics of Taxation in Casino Tourism with Cross-Border Market Power” Review of Development Economics, 20, 113-125.
- Lei C.K. (2014), “Sources of Income Inequality: The Case of Guangdong”, Journal of Chinese Economics, 2(1), 10-33.
- Lei C.K. (2014), “Efficiency Convergence in the Greater China Region”, Cambridge Journal of China Studies, 9(2), 8-29.
- Lei C.K. (2013), “Can Chinese Cities Achieve HigherTechnical Efficiency after Hosting Mega Events?”, International Journal of China Studies, 4(1), 85-110.
- Lei C.K. and Tam P.S. (2010),”A Panel Data Approach to the Income Convergence among Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macao”, Journal of the Asia-Pacfiic Economy, 15, 42-435.
- Lei C.K. and Yao S. (2008),”On Income Convergence among China, Hong Kong and Macau” The World Economy, 31(3), 345-366.
- Lei, C.K. and Tam, P.S. (2013). Stochastic convergence of the Greater China economies: A panel unit root approach. In B. Wu, S. Yao, and J. Chen (eds.). China’s Development and Harmonisation: Toward a Balance with Nature, Society and International Community, Routledge, 2013, ISBN: 978-0415665674
- Lei C.K. and Yao S. “Economic Convergence in Greater China” Routledge, 2009, ISBN: 978-0-415-43581-9
- Lei C.K. (2017), “A comparative study on the trade potential between China, the Belt & Road and Portuguese Speaking countries”, The 28th CEA (UK) and 9th CEA (Europe) Annual Conference, organised by the Chinese Economic Association (UK/Europe), The University of Manchester, U.K..
- Lei C.K. (2015), “The Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement (CEPA) and its impacts on the efficiency of merchandising exports of Hong Kong and Macao”, The 26th CEA (UK) and 7th CEA (Europe) Annual Conference organised by the Chinese Economic Association (UK/Europe), The University of Nottingham, U.K..
- Lei C.K. (2014), “The Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement between Macao and Mainland China and its Implications”, The 1st Asian Grand Symposium of International Trade Scholars : FTA & Korea Trade in Asia
- Lei C.K. (2012), “The role of trade in the process of economic transition: The case of Guangdong”, The International Forum for Contemporary Chinese Studies 5, Beijing, China.
- Lei C.K. (2011), “The linkage between income inequality and technical efficiency”, The International Forum for Contemporary Chinese Studies 4, Nottingham, U.K.
- Lei C.K. (2010), “A Comparative Study on Technical Efficiency for Difference Chinese Economies on the City Level”, The International Forum for Contemporary Chinese Studies 3, Xi’an, China.
- Lei C.K.and Tam P.S.(2009), “Stochastic Income Convergence among Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau: A Panel Unit Root Approach”, Chinese Economists Society (CES) 2009 Conference, Macau, China.
- Lei C.K. (2018), “The role of high speed rail in the tourism demand of China”.
- PhD Students
- Member of Supervision Committee
- Master Students
- Supervisor of the MBA Program
- Supervisor of Master in Social Science (Macau Studies) Program
- Supervisor of the Master of European Studies Program
- Supervisor of the Master of Science in Finance Program
- Vice Chairman, Executive Board, Macau Economic Association
- President, Board of Director and the Executive Committee, Master of European Studies Association of Macau.