Prof. Hao ZHANG
Associate Professor in Accounting
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau, E22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
- PhD (Finance), Texas A&M University, USA
- BA (English), University of Richmond, USA
- Editorial Board Member: Journal of International Accounting, Auditing & Taxation
- Principle Investigator (2015-2018) “On Management Earnings Forecast and Debt Contracting” NSFC (National Natural Science Foundation of China (国家自然科学基金, 面上项目, RMB 620,000)) Research Grant . (Project number: 71472162, CI: J.B. Kim, M.Wei)
- Undergraduate Courses
- Management Accounting II (ACCT 3002)
- Graduate Courses
- Contemporary Issues in Accounting (ACCT 7054)
- Statistical analysis of textual, audio, visual information
- AI analysis of big data
- Text mining, data mining
- Supply chain
- “Local versus Non-Local Effects of Chinese Media and Post-Earnings Announcement Drift”(with J.B. Kim, L. Li, Z. Yu),Journal of Banking and Finance 2019 (forthcoming).
- “The effects of newly emergent Non-state-controlled Chinese Firms adapting an Established Practice from State-owned Organizations: evidence of Symbolic Compliance from (领导视察) a Natural Experiment” (with L. Li, B. Srinidhi. Z. Yu), Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting and Economics 2019 (forthcoming).
- “Linguistic Information Quality in Customers’ Forward-looking Disclosures and Suppliers’ Investment Decisions” ( with C. Chen, J.B. Kim, and M, Wei), Contemporary Accounting Research 2018 (in press).
- “Analyst Forecast Accuracy and Media Independence” (with J.B. Kim and L. Li), Financial Management, 2017 (Winter) 1023-1051.
- “Can media exposure improve stock price efficiency in China and why?”(with J.B. Kim and Z. Yu) China Journal of Accounting Research, 9 (2016), 83-114
- “Media ownership and stock price informativeness”,(with J.B. Kim, L. Li, and G. Tian), Journal of Banking and Finance 46 (2014) 299-310.
- “An Analysis of Enlightened Shareholder Value in Light of Ex Post Opportunism and Incomplete Law” (with A. Keay), European Company and Financial Law Review 8 (2011) 445-475. 2011.
- “Mergers and Long Term Corporate Performance” (with D. R. Fraser), Journal of Money, Credit & Banking 41 (2009),1503-1513.
- “Incomplete Contracts, Contingent Fiduciaries, and a Director’s Duty to Creditors,” Melbourne University Law Review (with A. Keay), 32 (April 2008), 141-170.
- “Public Policy, Political Connection, and Effective Tax Rates,” (with A. Adhikari and C. Derashid), Journal of Accounting & Public Policy 5 (2006), 574-595.
- PhD Students
- Can CHEN (sole supervision) “The Impacts of Corporate Voluntary Disclosure on Their Stakeholders” (PhD, 2016 City University of Hong Kong; currently Assistant Professor of Accounting at University of Macau, Macau).
- Zhichen WANG (sole supervision) “Does Bad News Travel Across Firms Through Board Social Network? Evidence from Financial Misreporting and Bank Loan Contracting” (PhD 2016, City University of Hong Kong; currently Assistant Professor of Accounting at Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong).
- Ni LI (co-supervision) “The Impact of Controlling Shareholders’ Stock Pledge on Corporate Transparency: evidence from China.” (PhD 2015, City University of Hong Kong/Sun Yet-Sen University; currently Assistant Professor of Accouning at Guangzhou University, Guangzhou).
- Huabin, LI. (co-supervision) “Political Connections, Resources Acquisition Ability, and Firm Value of Chinese Real Estate Enterprises” City University of Hong Kong (DBA, City University of Hong Kong 2014; currently Vice President, Gaixon Group Co., Ltd, Hangzhou, China)
- Chek Derashid (sole supervision. “Corporate Effective Tax Rate, Industrial Policy Hypothesis and Earnings Management” University of Leeds (PhD 2007; currently Associate Professor of Accounting at Universiti Utara Malaysia).