Dr. Grace Ying HO
Assistant Professor in Marketing
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau, E22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
- Ph.D. in Marketing, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2007
- Master of Science in International Business, University of Manchester (my programme was delivered by then University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST)), United Kingdom, 2000
- Bachelor in Business Administration, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 1999
- Research Associate, School of Hotel and Tourism Management, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Aug. 2007 – Feb. 2008)
- Research Associate (Part-time), Marketing Engineering Center, Department of Marketing, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Oct. 2005 – Jul. 2006)
- Research Associate, School of Hotel and Tourism Management, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Jan. 2005 – Oct. 2005)
- Research Assistant, School of Hotel and Tourism Management, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Jan. 2001 – Dec. 2004)
- Undergraduate Courses
- Internet Marketing (MKTG431)
- Leisure and Lifestyle Marketing (MKTG436)
- Postgraduate Courses
- Direct Marketing and Customer Relationship Management in IR (MKTG731)
- Consumer Behavior
- Service Marketing
- Cross-cultural Marketing
- Affect and Emotion
- Ho, Y., Lam, L. W., Lam, D. “Gamble more than you want? A study of casino servicescape, perceived control, and unplanned gaming behaviors.” International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, forthcoming.
- Chan, N.C., Ho, Y. (02/2017). The role of regulatory focus and goal progress on goal-directed consumption behaviors. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 34(2). pp. 147-155.
- Ying Ho, Yu-ho Chung and Kin-nam, Lau (2010), Unfolding Large-scale Marketing Data, International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 27, Issue 2, pp. 119-132.
- Ho, Ying and Kam-hon Lee (2007), China Marketing, in Handbook of Research on Asian Business, Henry Wai-chung Yeung, Ed., Edward Elgar, p.182-207(Invited).
- Lee, Kam-hon, Gong-ming Qian, Julie H. Yu, and Ying Ho (2005), Trading Favors for Marketing Advantage: Evidence from Hong Kong, China, and the United States, Journal of International Marketing, Vol. 13, Issue 1, pp. 1-35.
- Lau, Kin-nam, Kam-hon Lee, and Ying Ho (2005), Text Mining for the Hotel Industry, Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, Vol. 46, Issue 3, pp. 344-362.
- Lau, Kin-nam, Kam-hon Lee, Ying Ho, and Pong-yuen Lam (2004), Mining the Web for Business Intelligence: Homepage Analysis in the Internet Era, Journal of Database Marketing & Customer Strategy Management, Vol. 12, Issue 1, pp. 32-54.
- Lau, Kin-nam, Kam-hon Lee, Pong-yuen Lam, and Ying Ho (2001), Web-site Marketing for the Travel-and-Tourism Industry, Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, Vol. 42, Issue 6, pp. 55-62.
- Lau, Kin-nam, Kam-hon Lee, Pong-yuen Lam, and Ying Ho (2001), Web-site Marketing for the Tourism Industry: A Rejoinder, Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, Vol. 42, Issue 6, pp. 66-67 (Invited).
- Ma, Q., Ho, Y. (06/2017). The Role Of Online Reviews In Mainland Chinese Visitors’ Food And Beverage Related Behavioral Intentions – The Case Of Macau . 39th ISMS Marketing Science Conference. Los Angeles USA.
- Ho, Y., So, S. I., Chow, W. C. (06/2016). The roles of regulatory focus and attribute value on consumer evaluation. The ISMS Marketing Science Conference. Shanghai.
- Ho, Y., Chan, N.C. (07/2013). The Role of Social Comparison Direction and Comparison Target in Service Delays. 35th ISMS Marketing Science Conference. Istanbul, Turkey.
- Ho, Y., & Chan, N. C. (08/2011). Effects of Regulatory Focus and Progress Level on Consumer Behavior in Loyalty Programs. 2011 Annual Conference of China Marketing Science. Guangzhou, China.
- Ho, Y., & Ho, K. Y. (06/2011). The Role of Brand Construal and Affect Valence in Comparative Advertising. 33rd Annual INFORMS Marketing Science Conference. Texas, USA.
- Ho, Y., & Ho, K. Y. (06/2009). Comparative Advertising: Effects of Affective and Cognitive Information on Brand Evaluation. 31st Annual Informs Marketing Science Conference. Michigan, USA.
- The Role of Temporal Framing and Affect Valence on Advertising Effectiveness. – Co-Investigator, University of Macau (2011-2012).
- The Determinants of Perceived Control of Casino Customers. – Principal Investigator, University of Macau (2011-2012).
- The role of affect valence and perceived brand proximity in comparative advertising. University of Macau (2010-2011).