Prof. Brenda Yang ZHANG
Associate Professor in Business Economics
Programme Director of the Bachelor of Business Administration Programme (BBA)
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau, E22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
- Ph.D. in Economics, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- B.S. in Management, Tianjin University, China.
- Undergraduate Courses
- Principle of Macroeconomics (BECO101)
- Principle of Microeconomics (BECO100)
- Intermediate Microeconomics (ECIF201)
- Introduction to Macroeconomics (ECIF100)
- Introduction to Microeconomics (ECIF101)
- Chinese Economy (ECIF411)
- Postgraduate Courses
- Managerial Economics (BECO711)
- Principles of Economics (BECO703)
- Economics (BECO702)
- Economics & Statistics (IMBC002)
- Economics Dynamics
- Applied Econometrics
- Energy Economics
- Chinese Economy
- CEO marital status, risk preferences, and corporate tax aggressiveness, University of Macau (2014), Principal Investigator
- Modelling the price of petrol in Asia Pacific region, University of Macau (2014), Principal Investigator
- The transmission of foreign interest rate shocks to small open economies in East Asia: the role of exchange rate regime and financial integration, University of Macau (2011), Principal Investigator
- Business Cycle Synchronization and Monetary Integration in East Asia, University of Macau (2010), Principal Investigator
- Globalization and the Environment in China, University of Macau (2007), Principal Investigator
- How does the responsiveness of economic growth to external shocks differ across exchange rate regimes—Evidence from Singapore and Hong Kong, University of Macau (2006), Principal Investigator
- Ming-Hua Liu, Dimitris Margaritis and Yang Zhang， The global financial crisis and the export-led economic growth in China”, Chinese Economy, forthcoming.
- Liu, M. H., Margaritis, D., & Zhang, Y. The impact of deposit insurance on the risks and returns of commercial banks: Evidence from China, Journal of Financial Studies, forthcoming
- Zhang, Y. S. Tong, “Strong Domestic Consumption Key to Hong Kong’s Robust Economic Growth in 2017”, East Asian Policy, 10(01), (2018) 78-91
- Kwan, F., Zhang and S. Zhuo, Labour Reallocation, Productivity Growth and Dualism: The Case of China, International Review of Economics and Finance, (2018), Vol. 57, Pages 198-210
- Huang, W., and Zhang. Technological gap and heterogeneous oligopoly. The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 67, (2018), 1-7.
- M Li, H Zheng, TTL Chong, Y Zhang, The stock–bond comovements and cross-market trading, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 73, (2016) 417-438.
- Gu, X., Zhang, Y & X. Chang, The role of financial systems for cross-country differences in the link between income and consumption inequality, Applied Economics, Pages 1-14 | Published online: 31 Oct 2016
- Zhang, Y. S. Tong, “Hong Kong’s Modest Economic Growth: Sustained by Domestic Consumption”, East Asian Policy, 8(1), (2016) 104-117.
- Gu, X. H., Zhang, Y., Qian, X. L., Guo, H. The suspension of borrowing: an implicit penalty for loan default under imperfect information. Applied Economics, 2016(5). pp. 1-15.
- Liu, M. H., Margaritis, D., & Zhang, Y. “Competition and petrol pricing in the smartphone era: Evidence from Singapore”, Economic Modelling, 53, (2016): 144-155.
- Liu, M. H., Margaritis, D., & Zhang, Y., “Inflation Transmission in Greater China”, China and the World Economy, 23(6), (2015):79-99.
- Gu, X., Huang, B., Tam, P. S., & Zhang, Y. “Inequality and saving: further evidence from integrated economies”. Review of Development Economics, 19 (1), (2015): 15-30.
- Zhang, Y., Li, M. L., & Chia, W. M. “Foreign interest rate shocks and exchange rate regimes in East Asia”. Applied Economics, 46:21, (2014): 2488-2501.
- Huang, W., Zhang, Y. & Yang, W. “Pre and post-2008 crisis stock market linkage between U.S. and Asian markets”. Journal of Stock and Forex Trading 3: (2013): e125.
- Liu, M. H., Margaritis, D., & Zhang, Y. “Market-driven coal prices and state-administered electricity prices in China”, Energy Economics, 40, (2013): 167-175.
- Huang, W., & Zhang, Y. “Structural change modeling of Singapore private housing price in simultaneous equation model”, Journal of Financial Risk Management, 1, (2012): 7-14.
- Lai, R. N., & Zhang, Y. “The myth or the fact of housing for young people in Macao”, Journal of Youth Studies, 15, No. 1, (2012): 158-173.
- Kwan, F., Zhang, Y., & Zhuo, S. “Rural labour reallocation and productivity growth in China”, International Journal of Business Studies, 19, No. 1, (2011): 109-124.
- Zhang, Y., & Huang, W. “Instantaneous information always stabilizes?” Singapore Economic Review, 56, No. 2, (2011): 239–253.
- Lye, L. F., & Zhang, Y., “China in the BRICs: pursuing closer cooperation, not hegemony”, East Asian Policy, 2, No.4, (2010): 58-70.
- Zhang, Y., & Kwan, F. “Macao’s gaming-led prosperity and prospects for economic diversification”, China: an International Journal, 7, No. 2, (2009): 288-319.
- Zhang, Y. “Infrastructure in Pan-Beibu gulf and China-ASEAN economic cooperation”, Perspectives: China and the World, 10, No. 3, (2009): 95-100.
- Zhang, Y. “Hong Kong’s economy in the financial crisis”, East Asian Policy, 1, No. 2, (2009): 40-53.
- Huang, W., & Zhang, Y. “Distributional dynamics of cautious economic adjustment processes”, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 62, (2007): 389-407.
- Zhang, Y., & Yang, X. “Globalization and the environment, evidence from China”, The Business Review, Cambridge, 7, No. 2, (2007): 297-304.
- Yang, X., & Zhang, Y. “Does population matters in accessing inequality in China?” Canadian Social Science, 3, No.1, (2007): 34-38.
- Zheng, Y., & Zhang, Y. “Globalization and social conflict in China”, Issues & Studies, 42, No. 2, (2006): 85-129.
- Wong, J., & Zhang, Y. “Hong Kong’s CEPA with China—Round Two”, China: an International Journal, 4, No.1. (2006): 114-134.
- Liu, M. H., Margaritis, D., & Zhang, Y. “Retail Petrol Pricing in Australian’s Capital Cities”, Singapore Economic Review Conference, Singapore. (2015).
- Gu, X., Huang, B., & Zhang, Y. “Inequality, leverage, and crises: theory and evidence revisited”, The 5th International Finance and Banking Society IFABS Conference, Nottingham, UK. (2013).
- Liu, M. H., Margaritis, D., & Zhang, Y. “Coal price and state-administered electricity prices in China”, Conference on Economic and Financial System Development in the Pacific-Rim Region, Honolulu, US. (2012).
- Zhang, Y., Chia, W. M., & Li, M. L. “On foreign interest rate shock and exchange rate regime: evidence from East Asian economies”, Western Economic Association International 9th Biennial Pacific Rim Conference, Brisbane, Australia. (2011).
- Zhang, Y., Li, G. Q., & Chia, W. M. “Real interest rates shock, economic growth and exchange rate regime—evidence from Singapore and Hong Kong”, the 85th Annual Conference of Western Economic Association International, Portland, US. (2010).
- Kwan, F., Zhang, Y., & Zhuo, S. “Productivity growth of manufacturing in the Greater China region: a stochastic frontier approach”, International Conference on Economic Integration in the Greater China Region, Macao, China. (2009).
- Zhang, Y., & Huang, W. “Information lag and stability for continuous dynamics”, Singapore Economic Review Conference, Singapore (2007).
- Zhang Yang, July 2006, How does the responsiveness of economic growth to external shocks differ across exchange rate regimes—Evidence from Singapore and Hong Kong, Chinese Economist Society 2006 Annual Conference, Shanghai, China
- Huang Weihong, Zhang Yang, 2004, Estimating Structural Change in Linear Simultaneous Equations, proceedings of 2004 Australasian Meeting of the Econometric Society, Melbourne, Australia
- Huang Weihong, Zhang Yang, 2003, Structural Changes Modeling with application to Singapore Private Housing Market”, proceedings of the Second Global Conference on Business & Economics, London, UK
- American Economic Association
- Econometrics Society
- Western Economic Association International
- Economic Society of Singapore
- Chinese Economist Society