Prof. Heng TANG
Assistant Professor in Business Information Systems
Program Coordinator of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics (BIDA)
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau, E22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Dr. Heng Tang received his Ph.D degree in the Department of Information Systems, City University of Hong Kong. He is currently an assistant professor at the department of Accounting and Information Management, University of Macau. His research interests are in the areas of consumer behavior in digital markets, intelligent systems, and business intelligence. His research has appeared in journals such as Decision Support Systems, IEEE Transactions on System, Man and Cybernetics, Information Systems Frontiers, Journal of Information Science, Knowledge-based Systems, etc.
- Ph.D in Information Systems, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Senior Research Associate, City University of Hong Kong (Aug. 2007 – Aug. 2008)
- Senior Research Associate, City University of Hong Kong (Aug. 2003 – Aug. 2004)
- Research Associate, City University of Hong Kong (Dec. 2002 – Apr. 2003)
- Undergraduate Courses
- Business Data Mining (ACIS354)
- Contemporary Information Systems for Organizations (EBIS112)
- Information Systems and Organizations (EBIS200)
- Spreadsheet and Decision Making (ISOM4000)
- Business Data Management (EBIS303)
- Linear Algebra (QMDS203)
- Basic Business Programming (EBIS300)
- Computer Programming Using C++ (EBIS318)
- etc. (,,,)
- Graduate Courses
- Management Information Systems (ISOM7011, MBA)
- Computer applications in Accounting (AIS750, Msc. Acc.)
- Digital market and social media
- Intelligent systems
- Business intelligence and analytics
- Curbing Shopping Cart Abandonment in C2C Markets — An Uncertainty Reduction Approach MYRG 2018-2021, Principal Investigator
- Designing A Managerial Fraud Management System – A Machine Learning Approach MYRG 2017-2018, Principal Investigator
- Study on Impulsive Buying Behavior on Mobile Platform – Insight into the paradox of mobility’s influences MYRG 2014-2015, Principal Investigator
- A Novel Recommender System based on Product Review Mining, MYRG 2012-2013, Principal Investigator
- Intelligent Recommender Systems for Mobile Commerce, funded by the Research Committee of University of Macau, 2010-2012, Principal Investigator
- Jh Xu, Helen Du, and Heng Tang, (2020), Repurchase intention in online knowledge service: The brand awareness perspective, Journal Computer Information Systems, Forthcoming (ABS2)
- Heng Tang and Xiaowan Lin, (2019), Curbing Shopping Cart Abandonment in C2C Markets — An Uncertainty Reduction Approach , Electronic Markets, V29, 533-552 (ABS2)
- Chang Boon Lee, Heng Tang, Kin Meng Sam, and Gang Xiong, (2018), Spreadsheet Proficiency: Which Spreadsheet Skills Are Important?, Journal of Information Technology Management, XXIX(3), 35-44 (ABS1)
- Heng Tang, Xiao Jing LIN, Philip PUN, and Simon Iok Kuan WU, (2017), Why Do Online Buyers Engage in Electronic Word-of-mouth? An Expectancy Disconfirmation Perspective, Journal of Management Information System & E-commerce, 4(1), 12-25
- Heng Tang, Chang Boon Patrick Lee, and Kwee Keong Choong, (2017), Consumer decision support systems for novice buyers – a design science approach, Information Systems Frontiers, V19, 881–897 (ABS3)
- Xiaowan Lin and Heng Tang, (2016), A Framework for Human Resource Configurations in Knowledge-intensive Organizations, International Journal of Business Administration, 7(1)
- Lee, Patrick Chang Boon, Heng Tang, and Sarah Wai San Fong, (2016), Research note: Price parity, channel conflict, and hotel rooms in Macao, Tourism Economics, V 22(6) 1431–1439 (ABS2)
- Lee Chang Boon Patrick, Heng Tang, and Chan Wing Han Brenda, (2015), A Pilot Study on the Perceptions of Macao Undergraduates Regarding Help Websites for Problem Gambling, UNLV Gaming Research and Review Journal, V 19(2) (ABS2)
- Heng Tang, Stephen Liao, and Sherry Sun, (2013), A prediction framework based on contextual data to support Mobile Personalized Marketing, Decision Support Systems, V56, 234-246 (ABS3)
- Heng Tang and Stephen Liao, (2008), Discovering Original Motifs with Different Lengths from Time Series, Knowledge-based Systems, V 21(7)
- Stephen Liao, Heng Tang, Wei-yi Liu, (2004), Finding Relevant Sequences in Time Series Containing Crisp, Interval and Fuzzy Interval Data, IEEE Transaction on System, Man and Cybernetics (B), V34(5) (ABS3)
- Stephen Liao, Joy Wei He and Heng Tang, (2004), A Framework for Context Information Management, Journal of Information Science, 30(6) (ABS2)
- Heng Tang, Weiyi Liu, (2002), A Generalized Predict Model Based on Fuzzy Rough Sets , Journal of Computer Science (Chinese, supp.), V 29(9)
- Guo, C., Tang, H., Lee, C.B.P., Niu, B.: Data Clustering Using the Cooperative Search Based Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm. In: International Conference on Intelligent Computing, pp. 660-671. Springer, (2019)
- Lin, X., Lu, L., Tang, H., & Ozer, M. (2019, June). A relational approach to the effects of self-regulatory foci on employee innovative performance. Paper presented at Asia Academy of Management conference, Bali, Indonesia.
- Heng Tang and Xiaowan Lin, Curbing Shopping Cart Abandonment in C2C Markets — An Uncertainty Reduction Approach, The 17th International Conference on Electronic Business, Dubai UAE, 2017 Dec.
- Heng Tang, Xiao Jing LIN, Philip PUN, Simon Iok Kuan WU. “Why Do Online Buyers Engage in Electronic Word-of-mouth? An Expectancy Disconfirmation Perspective”. International Conference on Business and Information (BAI) 2017, Hiroshima, Japan (distinguished paper award).
- Heng Tang and Xiaowan Lin. Institutional Communication Facilitators for The Reduction of Experience Products Uncertainty in E-Marketplaces – The Initial Interaction Perspective. The Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS). Chiayi, Taiwan. 2016.
- Heng Tang, A Novel Framework Based on Word-of-mouth Mining for Non-prosumer Decision Support. The Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS). Chengdu, China. 2014.
- Heng Tang, An Intelligent Online Shopping Guide Based on Product Review Mining. the 11th International Conference on Electronic Business (ICEB2011). Bangkok, Thailand.
- Heng Tang, Stephen Liao, Sherry Sun. Mining Sequential Relations from Multidimensional Data Sequence for Prediction. International Conference on Information Systems 2008, Accepted. (Top 1 conference of Information Systems, acceptance rate 24%)
- Heng Tang, Stephen Liao, David J J Xu, An Open Platform for Context-aware Short Message Service, 2007 Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Colorado, 2007
- Heng Tang, Context-awareness Enabled Personalization to Support M-commerce Applications, 16th Australasian Conference on Information Systems, 2nd December 2005. Sydney, Australia. (Doctoral consortium)
- Kaiquan Xu, Stephen Shaoyi Liao, Raymond Y.K. Lau, Heng Tang, Shanshan Wang, Building Comparative Product Relation, Maps by Mining Consumer Opinions on the Web, Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), 2009
- Kaiquan Xu, Stephen Shaoyi Liao, Raymond Y. K. Lau, Lejian Liao, Heng Tang (2009). Self-Teaching Semantic Annotation Method for Knowledge Discovery from Text. Proceedings of the 42st Hawaii International International Conference on Systems Science,5-8 January 2009, Big Island, HI.
- David J J Xu, Stephen Liao, Heng Tang, The Importance of Personalization in Affecting Consumer Attitude toward Mobile Advertising in China, 16th Australasian Conference on Information Systems, 2nd December 2005, Sydney, Australia.
- Heng Tang, Stephen Liao, David J J Xu. Discovering Motifs with Different Lengths in Time Series, the European Management and Technology Conference, 2005 June, Roma.
- David J J Xu, Stephen Liao, Heng Tang. Review: Bayesian Network Based User Modeling For Mobile Commerce Applications, The European Management and Technology Conference, 2005 June, Roma.
- Leung F., Chau T., Heng Tang, Liao S.. A Remote E-Commerce Laboratory for an on-line Web-based course ‘Building an E-Commerce Web Site, Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Web-based Learning, 2003 August.
- Tenson C., Felix L., Heng Tang, Stephen L, The Design of A Context-Aware Information Center for M-Commerce Applications, 7th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, Adelaide, South Australia (2003).
- Examining the Mediating Role of Commitment on Brand Herding: An Empirical Study in A Virtual Community of Interest
- PhD Students
- Guo Chen (Intelligent systems)
- Master Students
- Qiuguang Yang (Bitcoin volatility, 2018)
- Wang Hui (Fraud detection, 2017)
- The Association for Information Systems, Member