What is AACSB?
AACSB – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business connects students, schools, and business practitioners too develop the next generation of business leaders. AACSB’s mission is to foster engagement, accelerate innovation, and amplify impact in business education.
Click Here to learn more about AACSB.
Why does AACSB Accreditation matter?
Why does AACSB Accreditation matters to Students
AACSB Accreditation gives students a competitive edge – they get a rigorous, relevant education that prepares them for successful careers. And it ensures them more opportunities; many major companies report that they recruit exclusively at AACSB-accredited institutions for interns and employees.
- are recognized worldwide by top employers and other universities
- have employers that only hire their graduates
- have more access to recruiters
- have graduates that receive higher, more competitive salaries
- have students that are more international and are likely to earn higher levels of education
- have students with high-graudating GPAs
- are challenging and teach the best skills that give graduates a distinct advantage.
Why does AACSB Accreditation matters to Parents
AACSB Accreditation is the easiest way to ensure that your child will receive a quality business degree. It is a rigorous process that accesses a school on a multitude of levels—from faculty to curricula design. AACSB-accredited schools:
- have everything your child needs from communication skills to financial reporting.
- have qualified and adequate faculty and staff to successfully deliver its programs.
- produce research that advances business—which means your child has access to innovative and relevant business ideas and methods.
- do not speed your child through a business degree program at a pace where they cannot effectively learn.
Why does AACSB Accreditation matters to Educational Counselors
AACSB Accreditation helps students start exploring options by connecting their current interests with the possibility of making them a career—especially a career in business.
- higher quality peers with advanced academic and professional credentials.
- greater access to the business community.
- classes with higher quality students.
- a sense of pride for their school that results in an improved internal culture.
- a concrete framework to continually measure program and school quality.
- more opportunities to collaborate internationally.
Why does AACSB Accreditation matters to Corporate Recruiters
AACSB Accreditation ensures that business school graduates learn from the best and are ready to perform on day one. Research has found that AACSB-accredited schools have better faculty, curriculum, students, and graduates than other non-accredited institutions. Specific research findings show that AACSB-accredited schools:
- have more stringent hiring standards for their faculty.
- are required to have established assurance of learning methods.
- have undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral students with higher overall GPAs.
- have more undergraduates that decide to pursue master’s degrees.
- AACSB-accredited schools are located worldwide in more than 40 countries.