Dear Colleagues and Students,
We are pleased to let you know that the 4th Annual Conference of the World Accounting Frontiers Series (WAFS Mini Conference) will be held today at L105. The main theme of the conference is “International Accounting, Institutions and Performance – Contemporary Academic Issues”.
- Date: April 26, 2013 (Today)
- Time: 10:00-18:00
- Venue: L105
- Language: English
Three renowned scholars will give their paper presentation. Schedule is given as below (according to alphabetical order).
1. Prof. HAW, In-Mu, Visiting Chair Professor of Accounting, University of Macau & J. Vaughn & Evelyne H. Wilson Professor of Business & Professor of Accounting, Texas Christian University
- Topic: Strategic Use of Multiple Independent Auditors within Family Business Groups: Incentives and Audit Quality
- Time: 11:00-12:30
2. Prof. KIM, Jeong Bon, Chair Professor and Head of the Department of Accountancy, City University of Hong Kong
- Topic: Material Weakness in Internal Control and Stock Price Crash Risk: Evidence from SOX Section 404 Disclosure
- Time: 14:00-15:30
3. Prof. PARK, Chul W., Pong Ding Yuen Professor of Accounting, University of Hong Kong
- Topic: Accounting-Based Debt Covenant Tightness and Management Earnings Forecasts
- Time: 16:00-17:30
Attached please find their academic background and abstract of the aforementioned paper. You may also visit the website of the mini conference at http://www.umac.mo/fba/conferences/WAFSMini/.
Thanks for your kind attention.
Faculty of Business Administration