Prof. Xiaoming, Rose LIU
Assistant Dean (Planning and Engagement)
Interim Co-Director of Centre for Career and Research Advancement in Integrated Resorts
Associate Professor in Integrated Resort and Tourism Management
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau, E22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
- PhD in Industrial Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, China, 1999
- MSc in Applied Mathematics, Lanzhou University, China, 1994
- BSc in Applied Mathematics, Lanzhou University, China, 1991
- Research Fellow, National University of Singapore (July 2003-Sept. 2003)
- Senior Consultant, Integrated Decision Systems Consultancy (Singapore, May 1999- June 2003)
- Senior Research Staff, National University of Singapore (Jan 1999- May 1999)
- Undergraduate Courses
- Quantitative Decision Making (MSOR370)
- Casino Mathematics (QMDS302)
- Data Analysis for Tourism and Hospitality Management (GAHM416)
- Operations Research I, II (MSOR330, MSOR331)
- Operations Management (MSOR340, QMDS311)
- Probability and Statistics (MSOR220)
- Statistical Inference (MSOR221)
- Statistics I (MSOR210)
- Mathematics and Operation of Casino Games (GMCM202)
- Gaming Machine Management (GMCM204)
- Graduate Courses
- Research Method (MIRM606)
- Business Decision Tools (IMBB109)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management (IMBB135)
- Chinese Outbound Travelers
- Hospitalitiy management
- Tourism Management
- Commercial Gaming Management
- Casino Game Analysis
- Management Science
- Supply Chain Design and Management
- Logistics Management and Design
- Telecommunication Networks
- Health Care
- A framework for sustainable development of tourist city, MYRG2014-00054-FBA
- Their Motivation, Information Sources, Decision Process, Constraints, Behavoir, Experiences and Satisfaction, MYRG080(Y1-L2)-FBA11-LXM, PI
- Revenue Analysis of Table Games in Macau, ISCG 2009-2010, PI
- Dynamic Pricing and Lead-time Quotation, UMAC 2004-2005, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
- Study of the Discriminatory Processor Sharing Queue and its Optimal Priority Pricing, UMAC 2005, CO-PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
- Slot Machine Analysis, UMAC, PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR, RG001/07-08S/LXM/FBA
- Fu, Y., Liu, X. M., Wang, Y.Q., & Chao, R.F. (12/2018). How experiential consumption moderates the effects of souvenir authenticity on behavioral intention through perceived value. Tourism Management, 69. pp. 356-367.
- Li, J., Liu, X. M., & Ali, F. (02/2018). Work-related attitudes and behaviors: empirical evidence from a casino destination. Journal of Destination Marketing & Management, 9 (2018). pp. 175-183.
- Liu, X. M., & Li, J. (07/2018). Host perceptions of tourism impact and stage of destination development in a developing country. Sustainability, 10(7). pp. 1-15. http://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/10/7/2300
- Liu, X. M., Fu, Y., Chao, R.F., & Li, J. (12/2016). A formative measurement approach for exploring how to form service quality in hot spring resorts. Tourism and Hospitality Research, online first . doi: 10.1177/1467358416683767
- Liu, X. M., Fu, Y., & Li, J. (09/2017). The effect of on-site experience and place attachment on loyalty: Evidence from Chinese tourists in a hot-spring resort. International Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Administration, online first. pp. 1-27. https://doi.org/10.1080/15256480.2017.1359730
- Liu X., Li J. and Fu Y., Antecedents of Tourists’ Behavioral Intentions: The Role and Influence of Tourists’ Perceived Freedom of Choice, Destination Image, and Satisfaction”,Tourism Analysis , 2016, Vol.21(6), p.577-588
- Xin Li, Zhaotong Lian, KweeKeong Choong and Xiaoming Liu, Flexibility Contract with Coordination, International Journal of Production Economics , 2016, Vol.179(9), p.273-284
- Yang, Y., Liu, X. and Li, J., How Customer Experience affects customer-based brand equity for tourism destinations Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing,2015,Vol. 32(Supp 1), p. S97-S113
- Liu, X. M., Li, J., & Kim, W.G. (04/2017). The role of travel experience in the structural relationships among tourists’ perceived image, satisfaction, and behavioral intentions. Tourism and Hospitality Research, 17(2). pp. 135-146.
- Liu X., Li J. and Yang Y., Travel Arrangement as a Moderator in Image-Satisfaction-Behavior Relations: An Investigation of Chinese Outbound Travelers, Journal of Vacation Marketing , 2015, Vol. 21, issue, 3, p. 225-236
- Yang Y., Liu, X., Jing,F., Li J.,How does perceived value affect travelers’ satisfaction and loyalty,Social behavior and personality ,2014, Vol.42, p.1733-1744
- Feng, J., Liu, L., Liu, X., “An Optimal Policy for Joint Dynamic Price and Leadtime Quotation”, Operations Research, 2011, Vol 59, Issue 6, p. 1523-1527
- Gao, Z., Fong, K., Liu, X., “Mathematical Analyses of Casino Rebate Systems for VIP Gambling”, International Gambling Studies, 2011, Vol 11, No. 1, p. 93-106
- Liu, X.. and Wan Y., “An examination of factors that discourage slot play in Macau casinos”, International Journal of Hospitality Management, 2011, Vol 30, Issue 1, 167-177
- Liu, X. and Lian, Z., “Cost-effective Inventory Control in a Value-added Manufacturing System”,European Journal of Operational Research , 2009, Vol 196, p.534-543
- Lian, Z., Liu X. and Zhao, N., “A Perishable Inventory Model with Exponential Lifetimes and Markovian Renewal Demands”, International Journal of Production and Economics, 2009, Vol 121, 176-182
- Lian, Z., Liu, X. and Liu L., “Discriminatory Processor Sharing Queues and the DREB Method”, Stochastic Models, Vol 24, Issue 1, 1-18
- Liu, L., Liu, X., and Yao, D. D., “Analysis and optimization of a multistage inventory-queue”, Management Science, 2004, Vol 50, 365-380
- Liu, X., Bensaou, B, Tsang, D.H.K., and Liu, L., “Tight upper bounds for cell loss probabilities and required bandwidth estimation in ATM multiplexers “, European Trans. On Communication , 1999 Vol 10, issue 1. 33-42
- Liu, L. and Liu, X., “Dynamic and static job allocation for multi-server systems”,IIE Transactions, 1998, Vol 30, 845-854.
- Liming Liu, Liu, X., “Block appointment systems for outpatient clinics with multiple doctors”, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 1998, Vol 49, 1254-1259
- Z. Lu, M. Lu, Y. Chen, X. Liu, “A Special Random Selective Queuing Model for Access to a Star LAN”, Applied Mathematical Modeling, Vol.21, issue 1, 15-20
- Yongyi Chen, Xiaoming Liu, “On Multivariate Exponential Distribution”, Journal of Mathematical Study, Vol 28, issue 1, 80-84
- Zhouyi Lu, Yongyi Chen, Xiaoming Liu, “A Queuing Model for the Access of Competition-Conflict Arbitration of Star LAN”, Chinese Journal of Operations Research , Vol 13, issue 2, 74-76
- Liu, X. M., Li, J. , & Yang Y., (2014). “The Impact of Travelers’ Freedom of Choice Perception on Destination Image, Satisfaction and Destination Loyalty”, accepted to present on 2014 Annual ICHRIE Summer Conference, July 30-August 1st, California USA
- Liu, X. M., Fong, K. C., & Gao, J. (06/2013). “A quantitative approach to determine the optimal table occupancy in casinos”. 26TH EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON OPERATIONAL RESEARCH. ROME.
- Li, J., Liu, X. M., & Yang, Y. (06/2013). “How different types of Travelers evaluate the destination differently: A Mainland Chinese Outbound Traveler case”. 9th Annual International Conference on Tourism. Greece.
- Liu, X. M. and Li, J. (2012). “An exploratory study on Tourism Destination Image of Macau as perceived by different types of Mainland Chinese Travelers”. The Proceedings of the 10th APacCHRIE, Manila, Philippines
- Liu X., Lian Z. and Li X., “Optimize the payout probability table in slot machine”, presented at 25TH EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON OPERATIONAL RESEARCH, Vilnius, Lithuania, 8-11,July, 2012
- Liu X., Lian Z., “Using Absorbing Markov Chain to Evaluate the Slot Customer Experience”, presented at 24TH EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON OPERATIONAL RESEARCH (EURO XXIV), Lisbon, Portugal, July 11-14, 2010
- Lian, Z., Zhao, N. and Liu, X. (2008), “An Inventory Model for Perishable Products with Markovian Renewal Demands”, the Proceeding of the 9th Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering & Management Systems Conference, Bali, Indonesia
- Liu X., Liu L. and Feng J. (2005), “Performance evaluation and optimization of dynamic quoting policy for lead time and price”, Proceedings of International Conference of Management Science and Applications, 2005, 392-401.
- X. Liu, B. Bensaou, D. H. K. Tsang and L. Liu, “Tight Upper Bounds for Cell Loss Probabilities in ATM Multiplexers and Required Bandwidth Estimation”, Proceedings of ICCCN, 1997
- Liu, X. M., & Li, J. (06/2018). Host perceptions of tourism impact and stage of destination development . 8TH AHTMM CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS. bangkok, Thailand.
- Liu, X. M., & Fu, F. (07/2017). Understanding of the characteristics of tourist souvenir in terms of cultural context.. E-proceeding. Famagusta.
- Fu, Y., Liu, X. M., & Li, J. (06/2015). The effect of customer service and place attachment on loyalty to hot spring resorts. The 13th APacCHRIE Conference. Auckland.
- Liu, X. M., & Li, J. (06/2015). Age Matters: Image Assessment, Satisfaction, and Behavioral . 11th Annual International Conference on Tourism. Athens.
- Liu, X. M., Li, J., & Fu, Y. (05/2014). The Moderating Effects of Tourists’ Characteristics on the Relationships between Perception of freedom of choice, Satisfaction and Destination Loyalty. Global Tourism & Hospitality Conference and Asia Tourism Forum. Hong Kong.
- Li, J., Liu, X. M., & Yang, Y. (06/2013). How different types of Travelers evaluate the destination differently: A Mainland Chinese Outbound Traveler case. 9th Annual International Conference on Tourism. Greece.
- Liu, X. M., & Li, J. (06/2012). An exploratory study on Tourism Destination Image of Macau as perceived by different types of Mainland Chinese Travelers. 10th APacCHRIE Pilipinas 2012 Conference. Manila.
- Lian, Z. T., Zhao, N., & Liu, X. M. (12/2008). An Inventory Model for Perishable Products with Markovian Renewal Demands. the Proceeding of the 9th Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering & Management Systems Conference. Bali, Indonesia.
- Liu, X. M., Liu, L., & Feng, Jiejian (01/06/2005). Performance evaluation and optimization of dynamic quoting policy for lead time and price. International Conference of Management Science and Applications. ChengDu.
- Liu, X. M., Fong, K. C., & Gao, J. (06/2013). A quantitative approach to determine the optimal table occupancy in casinos. 26TH EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON OPERATIONAL RESEARCH. ROME.