Prof. Jacky Yuk-Chow SO
BNU Chair Professor of Finance
Director of Asia-Pacific Academy of Economics and Management
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau, E22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
- Ph.D. in International Finance and International Business, the Ohio State University, USA
- M.B.A. in Finance and minor in Management, Western Illinois University, USA
- BS(eqv.) Major in Management and minor in Accounting, Hong Kong Baptist College, Hong Kong
- Certificate in Management Development Program, Harvard University, USA
- BNU Chair Professor of Finance, Faculty of Business Administration, University of Macau. (2017 to present)
- Chair-Professor of Finance, Faculty of Business Administration, University of Macau. (2010-2017)
- BBVA-Compass Bank Distinguished Professor of Finance, Texas A&M International University (2004-2009).
- Professor of Finance, Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville (1993-2004).
- Visiting Scholar, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (Spring, 2003).
- Visiting Professor of Finance, City University of Hong Kong (Summer, 1998).
- Associate Professor of Finance (tenured), Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville (1988-1993).
- Visiting Scholar and Consultant, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Summer, 1992).
- Assistant Professor of Finance, Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville (1983-1988).
- Teaching and Research Assistant, Ohio State University (1980-1982).
- Assistant Lecturer, Hong Kong Baptist College (1979).
- BBVA- Compass Bank Distinguished Professor in International Finance- Texas A&M International University (2006 to 2009).
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Award- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (2008).
- Distinguished Alumnus- Hong Kong Baptist University (2006).
- Honorable Recognition– Dissertation Competition of the Academy of Int’l Business (1983).
- Founding Member– Society of Chinese American Professionals and Scholars (2005 to present).
- The University Affairs Coordination Committee
- The University Senate
- The General Affairs Committee
- FBA’s Advisory Board
- Academic Committee (Faculty)
Community and Professional Boards
- Small Business Development Center Network Advisory Board: University of Texas- San Antonio.
- Laredo Development Foundation Board of Directors.
- Academy of Entrepreneurial Finance Advisory Board.
- Journal of Global Finance Editorial Board.
- North American Journal of Economics and Finance Advisory Board.
- Journal of International Business Editorial Board.
- Research in Quantitative Finance and Business Management Editorial Board (National University of Singapore).
- Journal of Financial and Risk Management Editorial Board (National University of Singapore).
- Frequent speaker at various clubs- local and state- on issues related to higher education, business education, economic development, and globalization, especially economics or political issues related to China and Mexico.
- Appearance on several television shows.
- Emcee at many community events.
- Interviewed by Laredo Morning Times in Laredo, Texas, as well as several newspapers in southern Illinois and St. Louis, Missouri.
- “The Behavior of Foreign Exchange Rates: Risk Measurement and Week Day Effect – A Comment.” The Journal of Finance, Vol. LXII, March 1987, pp.181‑188.*
- “The Sub‑Gaussian Distribution of Foreign Exchange Futures: Stable Paretian or Non-stationary?”The Review of Economics and Statistics,Vol.LXIX, No.1, February, 1987, pp. 100‑107.*
- Abstract of paper also appears in the Journal of Economics and Literature September 1987, Vol. XXV, No. 3, pp. 1693.
- “Commodity Risk Premium and Unstable Systematic Risk,” the Journal of Futures Markets, Vol. 7, No. 3, June 1987, pp. 311‑26.*
- “Resources Allocation in Light of a Stochastic Stream of Opportunities,” the Applied Mathematical Modeling, Vol. 11, October,1987, pp.384‑87. With D.Aucamp and E. Walter.
- “Outliers and the Distribution of Financial Ratios,” the Journal of Business Finance and Accounting 14, Vol. 4, Winter 1987, pp.483‑96.*
- “The Behavior of Foreign Exchange Rates‑ A Comment.”The Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. XVII, No. 3, Fall 1986, pp. 165‑175.
- “Variability Measurements and Choice of Foreign Exchange Rate System: Asian Versus Industrialized Countries,” International Economic Journal, Vol. 5, Winter, 1991, pp.43-61.
- “Variability and Inflation Rates.” Journal of Macroeconomics, Vol. 15, Fall 1993, pp.679-708. Co-author: Radcliffe Edmonds.
- “A Conservative Decision Rule For Investments Under Uncertainty,” Research in Finance, Vol. 9, Spring, 1994, pp.215-223. Co‑author: D. Aucamp.
- “The Distribution of Financial Ratios,”Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, Vol.9, Spring 1994, pp.215-223.*
- “The Speculative Behavior of Commercial Banks and Foreign Exchange Rates‑ An Empirical Analysis.” Research in International Business and Finance, Vol. 11A, 1994, pp.107-130.
- “International Loans and The Risk-Return Behavior of U.S. Multinational Banks,” Global Finance Journal, Vol. 6, No.2, Fall 1995, pp.135-154. Co-author: Richard Nyerges.
- “Equity Beta and Growth: A Comparison of the Inc. 100 and Fortune 500.” American Business Review, vol. XIII, No. 1, Jan 1995, pp. 75-84. Co-authors: F.C. Neil Myer, Richard Nyerges.
- “Insolvency, Foreign-Branch Deposits, and Option-Based Risk-Adjusted Deposit Insurance in the 1980s,” Research in Finance, Vol. 14, 1996, pp. 175-195. Co-author: Andrew Chen.
- “Forbearance, Deposit Insurance and the Market Value of Savings and Loan Associations.” Advances in Financial Planning and Forecasting.Vol. 8, 177- 200, 1998.
- “Risk-Taking, Agency Problem, and Small Business Loan Guarantee- An Application of Option Pricing Theory.” Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2001, 24-43. Coauthors: R. Bharati and S. Crain.
- “Is Exchange rate Volatility Excessive? An ARCH and AR Approach.”The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance. Co-author: R. Edmonds. 2002.
- “Deposit Insurance and Forbearances Under Moral Hazard.” The Journal of Risk and Insurance, vol. 71, Dec. 2004, pp. 707-735. Co-author: Jason Z. Wei.*
- “Dynamic Gap Transformations: Are Banks Asset-Transformers or Brokers? OrBoth?” The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Vol. 46, pp. 36-52, 2006. Co-authors: Rakesh Bharati and Prasad Nanisetty.
*These studies are referenced by more than twenty articles appeared in high quality international journals and books.
- International Financial Management, by Jeff Madura. West Publishing Company.
- International Financial Markets, by John Evans. West Publishing Company.
- Speculative Markets, by Alan Tucker. West Publishing Company, 1989.
- Sharing World Leadership? A New Era for America & Japan, edited by John H.
- Makin and Donald C. Hellmann. American Enterprise Institute for Public
- Policy Research. Washington, D.C.
- Corporate Finance, by Aswath Damodaran, chapters 16-23, John Wiley and Sons.
- Performing Financial Studies- A Methodological Cookbook, by Michael J. Seiler. Prentice Hall, 2004.