Prof. Christine Mei Lai LIM
Associate Professor in Integrated Resort and Tourism Management
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau, E22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Prof. Christine Lim is an associate professor in international integrated resort management. She obtained her PhD from the University of Western Australia. Prior to joining FBA, Prof. Lim worked at the Nanyang Technological University (Singapore), University of Waikato (New Zealand) and Griffith University (Australia). Her research is of an applied nature in tourism and hospitality modelling, which combines statistical techniques, tourism economics and management. Prof. Lim’s research interests focus on methodological issues related to the analysis of visitor trends, volatility, seasonality and forecasting.
- Bachelor of Economics (Honours), University of Western Australia, 1982.
- Master of Economics, University of Western Australia, 1987.
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Western Australia, 1999.
- FIEMSS, International Environmental Modelling & Software Society, elected 2005.
- FMSSANZ, Modelling & Simulation Society of Australia & New Zealand, elected 2006.
- The Institute on Asian Consumer Insight, invited 2011.
- Lecturer and convenor in Selected Topics In Human Resource Management, International Integrated Resort Management, University of Macau, 2017-.
- Lecturer and convenor in PhD Research Writing, International Integrated Resort Management, University of Macau, 2017-.
- Lecturer and coordinator in Revenue Management, Division of Marketing & International Business, Nanyang Technological University, 2010-2017.
- Ministry of Education Academic Research Fund Tier 1, Nanyang Technological University, 2013-2015.
Topic: “Modelling International Tourism Demand for Singapore and Implications for Tourism Sustainability”.
- Thailand Research Fund, 2005-2007.
Topic: “Modelling international tourism to Thailand”.
Co-Chief Investigators: Professor S. Sriboonchitta and Professor A. Wiboonpongse (Chiang Mai University), Professor M. McAleer (University of Western Australia).
Award: Baht 2,000,000.
- Australian Research Council Discovery Project, 2004-2006.
Topic: “The Theory and Practice of International Tourism Demand Modelling”.
- Analysis of visitor trends, volatility, seasonality and forecasting
- Koo, T. T.R., Lim, C. and Dobruszkes, F. (2017). Causality in Direct Air Services and Tourism Demand. Annals of Tourism Research (Forthcoming).
- Lim, C. and Zhu, L. (2017). Dynamic Heterogeneous Panel Data Analysis of Tourism Demand for Singapore. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing (Forthcoming).
- Zhu, L., Lim, C., Xie, W. and Wu, Y. (2016). Analysis of Tourism Demand Serial Dependence Structure for Forecasting. Tourism Economics (Forthcoming).
- Zhu, L., Lim, C., Xie, W. and Wu, Y. (2016). Modeling Tourist Flow Association for Tourism Demand Forecasting. Current Issues in Tourism available at: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13683500.2016.1218827.
- Lim, C., Chew, S.L., Liu, J. and Lim, J. (2014). Pre- and Post-Visit Perceptions of Youth Tourists to China. Journal of China Tourism Research, 10, 236-255.
- Lim, C. and Loh, S. (2014). Gen Y Consumers’ Perceptions of Quick Service Restaurant and the Mediating Role of Purchase Intentions – A Case Study of McDonald’s in Singapore. European Journal of Tourism Research, 7, 31-44.
- Lim, C. (2013). Analysis of Time Pressure and Consumers’ Value Perceptions of Travel Fair Products: An Exploratory Study. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 30(5), 509-521.
- Nanjing University of Finance and Economics in Jiangsu Province, China, on “Corporate strategy & sustainable development in MICE industry”, 2013 (invited speaker).
- Oze International Symposium on “The Challenge of New Oze National Park”, Japan (sponsored by Japan’s Ministry of the Environment and Oze Conservation Foundation), July 2008 (invited panel discussant).
- International Conference on Tourism and Sustainable Economic Development, CRENoS and Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (and was supported by The World Bank), Sardinia, Italy, September 2003 (invited paper discussant).
- Faculty-in-Residence of Hall 8, Nanyang Technological University, 2014-2017.
- Member, SHATEC Academic and Examination Advisory Council, Singapore, 2014-2017.
- External Examiner, Temasek Polytechnic Tourism & Hospitality Management Program, Singapore, 2014-2016.