Prof. Candy Mei Fung TANG
Associate Professor in Integrated Resort and Tourism Management
Programme Coordinator for the IIRM (Postgraduate) Programme
Faculty of Business Administration
University of Macau, E22
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
- PhD in Economic, Victoria University, Australia, 2011
- MA in Adult Training and Human Resources Development, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 2005
- BA in Hotel and Catering Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, 2003
- Advanced Diploma in Hotel and Tourism Management, D.C.T. International Hotel Mgt Career Centre, Luzern, Switzerland, 1999
- Lecturer, Faculty of Business and Law, Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia (2008-2011)
- Instructor, School of Hotel and Tourism Management, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong (2005-2008)
- Undergraduate Courses
- Food and Beverage Management (GAHM319)
- Revenue Management (GAHM326)
- Event and Festival Management (GAHM441)
- Food and Lodging Management (GAHM319)
- Retail Managment in Casino Resorts (GAHM315)
- Introduction of Gaming Management (GAHM200)
- Postgraduate Courses
- Hotel Revenue Management (TBA)
- Hospitality Management
- Revenue Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Wine Studies
- Resort Management
- Retail Management
- Event and festival planning
- 2015-2017 Multi Year Research Grant “Business Model of training hotel in tertiary education”, MOP$160,000. Principal Investigator (100%)
- 2013-2014 Start Up Research Grant “Case in Australia: Hotel occupancy rate volatility and its determinants”, MOP$100,000. Principal Investigator (100%)
- Tang, C. M. F. and Lam, D (2016) The Role of Extraversion and Agreeableness Traits on Hotel Guests’ Green Attitudes and Willingness to Pay, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, In press.
- Tang, C. M. F., King, B. E. M. and Pratt, S. (2016) Predicting Hotel Occupancies with Public Data: An Application of OECD Indices as Leading Indicators, Tourism Economics, In press.
- Fong, L. H. N., Law, R., Tang, C. M. F., & Yap, M. H. T. (2016). Experimental research in hospitality and tourism: A critical review, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 28 (2) 246 – 266.
- Tang, C. M. F., Kulendran, N., King, B. E. M. and Yap, M. H. T. (2016). Using Demand Determinants to anticipate fluctuations in hotel occupancy, Tourism Economics, 2016, 22 (1), 179–187.
- Tang, C. M. F., King, B. E. M. and Kulendran, N. (2015) Estimating Future Room Occupancy Fluctuations to Optimize Hotel Revenues, Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, 32 (7) 870-885.
- Yap M. H. T., Ineson M. E., Tang, C. M. F. and Fong, L. H. N. (2015) Chinese hospitality students’ perceptions of diversity management, Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education, 27(2), 60-68.
- Yap M. H. T., Ineson M. E., Alexieva, Y and Tang, C. M. F. (2014), Bulgarian Hotel Managers’ Recruitment Perceptions, Journal of Human resources in hospitality & tourism, 14(2) 133-152.
- Tang, C. M. F. and Kulendran, N. (2011), A Composite leading indicator for the hotel industry, Tourism Economics, 17 (3) June 549-563.
- Lei, M. I T. and Tang, C. M. F. (2016) Gen Y Attitudes Towards Michelin Rated Restaurants, 15th Asia Pacific Forum for Graduate Students Research in Tourism, Hong Kong.
- Tang, C. M. F. and Lai, R. N. (2016) One tale for two cities – sizes of the hotel development in Hong Kong and Macao, CAUTHE 2016, Sydney, Australia.
- Yap, M.H.T., Tang, C.M.F. and Karanikola, I. (2015). Casino workplace bullying in Macau. EuroCHRIE Conference 2015, Manchester, UK.
- Tang, C. M. F. and King, B. E. M. (2015) What Business Model is most suitable for a University Education and Research Hotel? 13th APac CHRIE Conference, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Yap H. T. M., Ineson M. E. and Tang, M. F. C. (2014) Chinese hospitality students’ perceptions of diversity management, 12th APacCHRIE Conference, K.L., Malaysia
- Tang, M. F. C. (2014) Constructing composite leading indicators for Hong Kong’s hotel industry, CAUTHE 2014, Queensland, Australia
- Tang, M.F. C. and Kulendran, N (2009), Constructing composite leading indicator for Hotel Industry, 2nd Conference of the International Association for Tourism Economics (IATE), Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Tang, M.F. C. and Kulendran, N (2009), Predicting directions and turning points in Hong Kong Hotel Occupancy Growth Rate, 8th Asia Pacific Forums for Graduate Students Research in Tourism, Sejong University, Seoul, Korea
- Tang, M.F. C. and Kulendran, N (2009), Predicting Turns in Hotel Occupancy Growth Rate, 29th International Symposiums on Forecasting, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Tang, M.F. C. and Kulendran, N (2009), Measure the risk in the volatility pattern of Hong Kong and Singapore Hotel Occupancy Rate, 7th Asia Pacific CHRIE Conferences UNLV, Singapore
- Tang, M.F. C. and Chu. C (2007), A context analysis of mission statement in International hotel chains, 5th Asia Pacific CHRIE & 13th Asia Pacific Tourism Association Joint Conference, Beijing, China
- Tang, M.F.C. and Law, R. (2006), A comparison of 3 University Hotel and Tourism Management Programs in China, Third China Tourism Forums, Hong Kong
- Tang, M.F.C. and Law, R. (2006), Analyzing the usage of ICT in Hotel Industry in China, the 5th Asia Pacific Forum in Bangkok, Thailand
- Master Students
- Ms. Cheng On Tong, Gigi. Her thesis title is Understanding Employee Turnover in Macau’s MICE Sector
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust UK Appointed as Wine Service Skill Assessor for WSET Level 1Wine Service award
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust UK Certificate of Level 1Wine Service Skill Award
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust UK WSET Level 2 Intermediate Certificate in wines and spirits
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust UK WSET Level 1 Foundation Certificate in wines and spirits
- Court of Master Sommeliers UK Sommelier Accreditation Program (level one of Master Sommelier Award)
- American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute — USA CHE – Certified Hospitality Educator