Our mission is to develop and apply business knowledge through research and to disseminate knowledge through interactions with students, faculty members, industry, and other key stakeholders. Through our programmes we develop professionals in traditional and emerging areas of business, and for the international integrated resort industry. We contribute to, and provide leadership for, the economic development of Macao and beyond.
Our Core Values
As stated in UM’s Guidelines on the Professional Conduct for the Academic Staff, ‘honesty’, ‘fairness’, ‘trust’, ‘respect’, ‘open communication’, ‘responsibility’, ‘accountability’, ‘caring’, ‘sharing’, and ‘continuous improvement’ are the values that guide the professional integrity of our academic staff. Consistent with the guidelines and with our mission, FBA advocate several core values. All members of the FBA family, whether faculty or students, strive for the followings (I-CARE):
- Intelligence: Acquiring and disseminating knowledge as well as skills
- Contribution: Dedicating to our society and the Global Village
- Attitude: Developing a positive mindset towards a meaningful life
- Respect: Treasuring the opinions, ideas and efforts of others
- Empathy: Feeling and caring for others
- To offer a balanced range of full-time and part-time courses in business, management and administrative studies, and training extending from the certificate level to the graduate level;
- To offer a balanced range of short courses and seminars in a variety of business, management, and administrative areas to develop and enhance the knowledge and skills of the FBA service area;
- To ensure that learning takes place in ways that develop motivation, critical, analytical and creative thinking, and constructive use of skills in practical situations;
- To provide opportunities and facilities for staff and students to develop academic and professional interests;
- To supply opportunities and facilities for research to staff and students;
- To develop close links with industry, business, government, and business-related professionals so as enhance the relevance of the work and experience of staff and students;
- To create and develop a caring, informed, participative, and innovative faculty and student community; and
- To meet through these various course offerings the present and likely future needs and aspirations of the students and participants who enroll and attend.